What Will You Do?
We view ourselves as a scrappy start-up and as a vital member of the team, you will be expected to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. Broadly, responsibilities as part of this role include:
- Perform accounts receivables reconciliation.
- Perform daily credit card reconciliation and clearing.
- Handling receivables transactions with Online Travel Agent ("OTA") & Corporate.
- Managing refund transactions.
- Managing fund flows with holding company.
- Compute and analyse various fees chargeable.
- Taking ownership on treasury reports.
- Oversee and monitor accuracy and completeness of tourism tax and car park information by Front Desk.
- Assemble, review and verify invoices and check requests.
- Flag and clarify any unusual or questionable invoice items or prices.
- Sort, code and match invoices with Purchase Order if any.
- Capture vendor invoices into system.
- Prepare and process electronic transfers, online / cheque payments on weekly basis.
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions.
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues.
- Communicating with vendors and respond to inquiries via phone, email or mail.
- Provide supporting documentation for audits.
- To undertake any task or assignment as may be assigned to you by your immediate superior or Management from time-to-time.
- Assist with month-end closing.
- Responsible for preparing ad hoc reports for management purposes.
Who Must You Be?
To successfully fill this role, you will have the right attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Must posses at least a Professional Certificate, Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree in Finance/Accountancy/Banking or equivalent
- At least 3-5 years of preferably hotel finance experience.
- Experience in finance function set up and hotel / F&B systems (PMS systems, reservations systems, POS etc.) is an added advantage
- A balance between a methodical and process-driven approach and flexibility and creativity when it comes to meeting deadlines and finding solutions.
- Passion for hospitality – whether that’s a drink, a meal, an event or a bed for the night
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience.
- Inquisitive and vocal in providing suggestions, feedbacks and process improvements suggestions.
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get stuff done.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way.
Who Are We?
Ormond Group rethinks hospitality for the contemporary traveller. Our vision is to create experiences that positively influence the way people live, work and have fun together. Our hotels are a collection of individually designed hotels, meaningful spaces that welcome all – guests, locals and nomads. Our people are at the heart and soul of our brand. An Ormond experience is about service that matters. We make our guests feel at ease and at home. Every experience is thoughtfully designed to leave a lasting impression.
Ormond Group owns and operates three distinct brands – Ormond Hotels, MoMo’s and Tune. We are backed by serial entrepreneurs and investors who have built (from scratch) successful, disruptive ventures such as AirAsia. Our shareholders and team are in turn committed to building a great business whilst having a lot of fun.