What Will You Do?
We view ourselves as a scrappy start-up and as a vital member of the team, you will be expected to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. To provide support with responsibility related to accurate processing of authorized invoices, recording, updating and reconciliation. The main function is to ensure that customer collections are met as per policy. Responsible in determining the receivables monthly and yearly. Main responsibilities includes:
- Oversee the day-to-day accounting operations of the AR team.
- Monitor a team of AR staff to ensure that daily reconciliations are done daily and unreconciled items are cleared on a timely basis.
- To ensure billings are done on a timely basis.
- Monitor debtors’ ageing and credit control functions.
- Responsible for tracking and resolving outstanding payment issues and generate weekly aging reports in a timely manner.
- Ensure reconciliation for credit card and bank transactions for hotels including refunds.
- Preparation remittance advice for Franchisee/asset owned and ensuring monthly remittance to respective properties are carried out on the timely basis.
- Compute and ensure accuracy various fees chargeable.
- To undertake any task or assignment as may be assigned to you by your immediate superior or Management from time-to-time.
- Reconciles financial data for the purpose of maintaining accurate account balances and ensuring compliance with established accounting practices.
- Assist with month-end closing.
- Responsible for preparing ad hoc reports for management purposes.
- Communicating with customers via phone, email, mail or personally.
- Any other roles and responsibilities assigned by Finance Manager or CFO.
Who Must You Be?
To successfully fill this role, you will have the right attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Must be very organised and multitasks between tasks.
- Must be a team player and able to work independently.
- Candidate should have good command of English.
- Must be meticulous and have an eye for detail.
- Must be confident, articulate and motivated.
- Committed to meet deadline.
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in related area (have worked in hospitality industry will be an added advantage).
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree or Professional Papers in Accountancy or equivalent
- Knowledge of MS Office, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of SunSystem, PMS (Opera/IDB) and POS (Agilysys/StoreHub).
- Applicants MUST be willing to work at Damansara Heights/Jalan Sultan Ismail/KLIA2.
- Inquisitive and vocal in providing suggestions, feedbacks and process improvements suggestions.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Who Are We?
Ormond Group rethinks hospitality for the contemporary traveler. Our vision is to create experiences that positively influence the way people live, work and have fun together. Our hotels are a collection of individually designed hotels, meaningful spaces that welcome all – guests, locals and nomads. Our people are at the heart and soul of our brand. An Ormond experience is about service that matters. We make our guests feel at ease and at home. Every experience is thoughtfully designed to leave a lasting impression.
Ormond Group owns and operates three distinct brands – Ormond Hotels, MoMo’s and Tune. We are backed by serial entrepreneurs and investors who have built (from scratch) successful, disruptive ventures such as AirAsia. Our shareholders and team are in turn committed to building a great business whilst having a lot of fun. Learn more about us at www.ormondhotels.com
What's In It For You?
An opportunity to join a close-knit, dynamic and ambitious group that rewards results through competitive remuneration packages. The team is lean and nimble and applies an all hands-on deck attitude to get things done. There are opportunities for accelerated career growth, training and development for the right candidates. You will also get the chance to interact and work closely with senior management to learn how to build successful businesses!