What Will You Do?
We view ourselves as a scrappy start-up and as a vital member of the team, you will be expected to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. You'll work directly with the Financial Controller to ensure that we meet compliance and regulatory standards, monitor and manage accounts, and assist with financial reporting for the property. Broadly, responsibilities as part of this role include:
- Play a crucial role in making sure our hotels run efficiently without compromising our overall goal of providing a fantastic guest experience.
- Oversee the financial day-to-day for the hotels, including managing site revenue (and any variances), overseeing the sales ledger, and ensuring payments are made and received as expected – working closely with centralised accounts payable and payroll.
- Be a trusted specialist partner, a go-to for advice that helps others meet their goals, and raise commercial and financial awareness across the hotels.
- Oversee our financial processes, keeping an eye on how we can improve ways of working.
- Manage monthly reporting, taking on our month-end process that incorporates P&Ls, balance sheet and cashflow.
- Lead, mentor and develop your team, creating an environment where they can be themselves and can feel the value they’re adding.
- Support your business partners in building accurate and timely budgets and forecasts.
- Reconcile tax and process filing & payments to related Government Agencies.
- Manage our external audits.
Who Must You Be?
To successfully fill this role, you will have the right attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- At least 5 years relevant working experience
- Prior hospitality is a must and audit working experience is preferred
- A balance between a methodical and process-driven approach and flexibility and creativity when it comes to meeting deadlines and finding solutions.
- Passion for hospitality – whether that’s a drink, a meal, an event or a bed for the night
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience.
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get stuff done.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way.
- This position is to be based at Tune Hotel KLIA2.
Who Are We?
Ormond Group rethinks hospitality for the contemporary traveler. Our vision is to create experiences that positively influence the way people live, work and have fun together. Our hotels are a collection of individually designed hotels, meaningful spaces that welcome all – guests, locals and nomads. Our people are at the heart and soul of our brand. An Ormond experience is about service that matters. We make our guests feel at ease and at home. Every experience is thoughtfully designed to leave a lasting impression.
Ormond Group owns and operates three distinct brands – Ormond Hotels, MoMo’s and Tune. We are backed by serial entrepreneurs and investors who have built (from scratch) successful, disruptive ventures such as AirAsia. Our shareholders and team are in turn committed to building a great business whilst having a lot of fun. Learn more about us at www.ormondhotels.com
What's In It For You?
An opportunity to join a close-knit, dynamic and ambitious group that rewards results through competitive remuneration packages. The team is lean and nimble and applies an all hands-on deck attitude to get things done. There are opportunities for accelerated career growth, training and development for the right candidates. You will also get the chance to interact and work closely with senior management to learn how to build successful businesses!