What Will You Do?
You will be part of a team that focuses on three key areas of the group:
To analyse and pick investment projects that give the highest return to shareholders and add value to the group’s strategic growth;
To work collaboratively with the management of portfolio companies to devise strategies to increase shareholder value, profitability and growth; and
To actively manage own businesses to drive high returns on investment, with the view of staying ahead of the competition, and expanding our brand’s breadth and global reach.
You will be deployed into the businesses owned by the group partly as an “owner’s representative”, ensuring that the firm’s interests are protected. You will take ownership of key priorities and projects at the portfolio company, or even be required to play the role as a change agent, facilitating meaningful and sustainable changes in operations.
You will be entrusted with responsibilities starting off with smaller projects which will quickly develop into your own portfolio. You will gain invaluable experience in operational analysis, hands-on execution, leadership and people management. Your active involvement in the development and implementation of value creation initiatives cuts across all of Plato’s subsidiaries / investments.
Finance & Investment
You will also be conducting market research and assessment of investment opportunities depending on dealflow, from initial screening and due diligence, through to approval, post-investment monitoring and reporting. The position demands excellent communication skills, time management skills and a basic grip of business and operations fundamentals alongside a solid understanding of financial models.
· Preparing monthly operation and financial updates for portfolio companies;
· Be responsible for arranging meet-ups with relevant stakeholders and ensuring all relevant discussion points are duly noted by crafting meeting agendas and minutes;
· Provide continuous support to management of portfolio companies including recommending potential avenues to improve processes, operations and performance; and
· Assist team members in the sourcing and evaluation of investment opportunities which will include preparation of research papers, financial models and investment memorandums.
Who Must You Be?
You are hardworking and probably want to run your own enterprise or business unit someday, but are wise enough to know that there are many lessons to learn, skills to hone and connections you need to make before embarking on that first step. You have goals you want to fulfil by a certain time-frame and will waste no time to gain the knowledge capital that you require, that you know only comes from being thrown into the thick of things. You are eager to prove yourself by putting in the hours and look forward to additional responsibilities and opportunities to do and learn.
You will need to have an “owner’s mindset” coupled with a healthy dose of pragmatism. You’ll need to be flexible and adaptable to a high-paced, high pressure environment, with a healthy respect for deadlines. We also want people who are proactive, have intellectual curiosity and are perfectionists in the sense of numbers and the written word. Other ideal requirements are:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Finance
· Minimum of two (2) years’ related experience in Accounting, Audit, Private Equity or Investments
· Candidates with experience in professional services firms are encouraged to apply
· Proficiency in MS Office – Excel, Power Point and Word is required
· Relevant professional qualification (CFA, ACCA, CPA, ICAEW) will be an added advantage
Strong verbal and written language skills. English fluency is required
What’s In It for You?
An opportunity to join a close-knit, fast-growing and ambitious hospitality company that rewards results through competitive renumeration packages. The team is lean and nimble and applies an all hands-on deck attitude to get things done. There are opportunities for accelerated career growth, training and development for the right candidates. You will also get the chance to interact and work closely with senior management to learn how to build successful businesses!