What Will You Do?
We view ourselves as a scrappy start-up and as a vital member of the team, you will be expected to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. As a business development analyst, your duties will include evaluating potential investments, our existing operations, and improving top line performances. Broadly, responsibilities as part of this role include:
- Preparation of financial analysis and performance reviews with recommendations and observations provided that enables informed decision-making and performance;
- Preparation and presentation of detailed business projections and financial models in order to better inform greater profitability and assessment of capital expenditure / new opportunities;
- Pro-active oversight and coordination with other business units in order to ensure broad delivery of the business KPIs and results and adherence to best practices;
- To monitor closely and be up-to-date and keep track of market trends, opportunities, risks and new investments;
- Assist in treasury, tax and/or corporate finance initiatives;
- Involvement in the development and/or execution of new business initiatives, including the research and preparation of advisory reports and make informed recommendations on new investment opportunities that could enhance or diversify portfolios;
- Analyzing business operations and strategies to identify new opportunities;
- Evaluating and improving sales strategies, as well as identifying new customers;
- Writing proposals and liaising with other departments to align strategies;
- Performing competitor analysis toward an increased market share;
- Implementing efficient customer communication and feedback channels;
- Identifying and negotiating sales deals that promote sustained income.
Who Must You Be?
To successfully fill this role, you will have the right attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. A professional qualification such as CFA / ACCA / CIMA / CPA / ACA / ICAEW will be an added advantage.
- Preferably with at least 4-5 years of work experience in an accounting and/or finance-related role. Candidates will need to possess the following attributes:
- Desire to work smart and pro-actively and thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment;
- Ability to articulate and present ideas across departments and to key stakeholders effectively in both oral and written form;
- Possesses strong financial acumen with attention to detail and have the ability to multitask and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Communication and people skills is a must to coordinate, present and execute across business units, external parties and key stakeholders;
- Strong analytical skills and intellectually curious to challenge the status quo;
- A high standard of written & spoken English, PowerPoint presentation and Excel financial modelling skills
- Above all else, must be a doer, execute and take ownership of responsibilities and matters through to fruition / resolution in a timely manner.
Who Are We?
Ormond Group rethinks hospitality for the contemporary traveler. Our vision is to create experiences that positively influence the way people live, work and have fun together. Our hotels are a collection of individually designed hotels, meaningful spaces that welcome all – guests, locals and nomads. Our people are at the heart and soul of our brand. An Ormond experience is about service that matters. We make our guests feel at ease and at home. Every experience is thoughtfully designed to leave a lasting impression.
Ormond Group owns and operates three distinct brands – Ormond Hotels, MoMo’s and Tune. We are backed by serial entrepreneurs and investors who have built (from scratch) successful, disruptive ventures such as AirAsia. Our shareholders and team are in turn committed to building a great business whilst having a lot of fun. Learn more about us at www.ormondhotels.com
What’s In It For You?
An opportunity to join a close-knit, dynamic and ambitious group that prioritizes RESULTS. We take pride in performance-based financial rewards and believe in the right remuneration packages for the right people. The team is lean and nimble and applies an all hands-on deck attitude to get things done. There are opportunities for career change, accelerated career growth, training and development for the right candidates. High performers will also get the chance to interact and work closely with senior management to learn how to build successful businesses!