What Will You Do?
You are the main person in charge of a particular section in the kitchen. You report directly to the Senior Chef De Partie and/or Sous Chef and you are responsible for all the workers in their own section. Your goal as a Chef de Partie would be to work towards an Executive position within the operation.
We don’t go for long winded job descriptions – we all roll our sleeves up and get stuck in wherever needed – but here's an idea of how we see the role;
- Production of all items from their particular area, with the correct recipe card and procedure, correct quantity and of good quality,
- Suggest and if asked prepare for trial new menu items, participating in the creation of items for our guests.
- Maintain the hygiene in their area, for food, chillers, machines and any other equipment that may be relevant.
- Schedules and when necessary discipline staff in his/her section and ensure personal hygiene standard is maintained.
- Initiate requisition, rotate, correctly store, prepare and use all foodstuffs.
- Implement new menu items and to help develop future menu ideas.
- Control the wastage and costs within their section, and to meet budget specifications.
- Have direct supervision of all cooks in the section.
- Responsible for the practical training of all staff in the section, and to participate in the theory training given.
- Show full support to the Senior Kitchen staff, the goals and ideals of the operation, working continually to maintain and improve guest expectation and dining experience.
- In the absence of Senior Chefs, ensuring timely and quality service of our menu items according to service specifications and guest expectations
Who Must You Be?
- Management Catering College and a Management or Operations training program in a well-respected, five-star establishment, or having minimum of 6 years’ experience in deluxe hotel kitchens.
- Holds variety of positions demonstrating the desire to improve knowledge and experience, whilst at the same time, showing a loyalty and stable work record.
- Potential to operate training classes, preferred if attended “Train the Trainer” course or similar.
- Highly versed in the areas of quality control, staff relations, guest service and to show a confidence in his or her ability to make an impact on our existing operations for the betterment of our guests.
- Well-rounded in knowledge, having some experience in various aspects of kitchen operations such as Pastry, Butchery, Garde Manger and one specialty cuisine, as in Italian, Chinese, Thai etc.
- Participation in a number of food promotions involving Expatriate chefs is an added advantage.
- This position is open to well experienced rank and file as well as management and operational trainees.
Who Are We?
Ormond Group rethinks hospitality for the contemporary traveller. Our vision is to create experiences that positively influence the way people live, work and have fun together. Our hotels are a collection of individually designed hotels, meaningful spaces that welcome all – guests, locals and nomads. Our people are at the heart and soul of our brand. An Ormond experience is about service that matters. We make our guests feel at ease and at home. Every experience is thoughtfully designed to leave a lasting impression.
Ormond Group owns and operates three distinct brands – Ormond Hotels, MoMo’s and Tune. We are backed by serial entrepreneurs and investors who have built (from scratch) successful, disruptive ventures such as AirAsia. Our shareholders and team are in turn committed to building a great business whilst having a lot of fun.