What Will You Do?
You are the main "backbone" of the kitchen. You are qualified and experienced to a high degree and should be striving to move into the Chef De Partie position. You can be a general cook, or specialise in one area such as Bakery, Pastry, Butchery or Garde Manger. Your direct responsibilities create the groundwork without which the chef cannot create great food. Your work gives the kitchen its good name, as you handle most of the practical work.
We don’t go for long winded job descriptions – we all roll our sleeves up and get stuck in wherever needed – but here's an idea of how we see the role;
- Responsible in all the production of the food items in the section, following the recipe cards and quality specifications,
- Initiate requisition and ensure the section has adequate food stocks
- Ensure that the correct quantities are made with the correct Items, and that costs are kept low and within budget
- Take direct control of the Commis 2, Commis 3 and Trainees in the section
- Keep high standards of hygiene, safety and sanitation in a proactive manner
- Train all the staff in the section
- Deliver according to the standards and procedures of the kitchen set by the management and chef
- Carry out their designated duties to the best of their abilities
Who Must You Be?
- A minimum work experience of 3-4 years in well respected, five-star establishments is required, preferably with exposure to two or three different properties, whilst at the same time showing a loyalty and stable work record. The format for hiring in this position on less time served would be on the profile of the previous establishment and the particular chef whom they have worked under.
- Strong base in their chosen proficiency, but also with experience with a number of positions showing a good knowledge and experience of general kitchen operations and interaction.
- Show an interest in training their staff, and show empathy towards staff development and fair treatment.
- Familiar with the areas of quality control, staff relations, guest service and to show a confidence in his or her ability to cook well and become an integral part of our operations.
- Show potential for future advancement and communicate easily and readily, being preferably well versed in English.
- Participation in a number of food promotions with some knowledge of some other cuisines is an added advantage.
- Demonstration if extra activities, such as competitions entered, show pieces, or extras skills acquired is an added advantage.
- This position is open to good experienced junior members of staff, who may or may not have catering college experience, but who show some leadership skills and a very good working knowledge of their craft.
Who Are We?
Ormond Group rethinks hospitality for the contemporary traveller. Our vision is to create experiences that positively influence the way people live, work and have fun together. Our hotels are a collection of individually designed hotels, meaningful spaces that welcome all – guests, locals and nomads. Our people are at the heart and soul of our brand. An Ormond experience is about service that matters. We make our guests feel at ease and at home. Every experience is thoughtfully designed to leave a lasting impression.
Ormond Group owns and operates three distinct brands – Ormond Hotels, MoMo’s and Tune. We are backed by serial entrepreneurs and investors who have built (from scratch) successful, disruptive ventures such as AirAsia. Our shareholders and team are in turn committed to building a great business whilst having a lot of fun.