What Will You Do?
We view ourselves as a scrappy start-up and as a vital member of the team, you will be expected to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. As a Corporate Secretary, you need to ensure that the company adheres to the standard legal and financial practices and is in charge of overseeing the corporate governance standards. Broadly, responsibilities as part of this role include:
- Preparing agendas, taking minutes, handling meeting correspondence and etc for annual general meetings/meetings;
- Keeping up to date with any regulatory or statutory changes and policies that might affect the organization;
- Ensuring that policies are up to date and are approved
- Preparing resolution, minutes, and statutory documents
- To arrange submission of documents to SSM
- Handle special / ad-hoc projects assigned from time to time.
- Preparation of documents required under the Companies Act, 2016
Who Must You Be?
To successfully fill this role, you will have the right attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Candidates must possess at least a Diploma in Business Management, Corporate Management or equivalent.
- Familiar with the Companies Act.
- Have at least 3 – 5 years working experience in fields relating to company law or company secretarial practice, depending on the academic qualification held
- Experience in a corporate secretary firm is preferred.
- Possessed MAICSA or currently pursuing MAICSA certification