What Will You Do?
You’ll be responsible for ensuring smooth running of housekeeping operations. We don’t go for long winded job descriptions – we all roll our sleeves up and get stuck in wherever needed – but here's an idea of how we see the role;
Managing Housekeeping Operations and Budgets
- Effective communication is a two-way street. Ensure guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and efficient manner.
- Keep everything in check! Inspect guestrooms on a daily basis.
- Learn to love lists! Obtain list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
- Doing inventory is fun! Check inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
- Supports and supervises an effective inspection program for all guestrooms and public space.
- Suss out the plan. Understand the impact of department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manage to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Keep everyone occupied. Communicate areas that need attention to staff and follow up to ensure understanding.
- Supervise daily Housekeeping shift operations and ensure compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
- Get in there! Participate in departmental meetings and continually communicate a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Whip your team up to shape - use all available on the job training tools to train new staff and provide follow-up trainings as necessary.
- Learn to trust. Establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensure employees do the same with them.
- Schedule employees to business demands and track employee time and attendance.
- Keep everyone in check! Ensure employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Say ‘No!’ to trouble. Ensure property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met.
- Use your eye for detail. Observe service behaviours of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
- Ensures employee recognition is taking place on all shifts.
- Put yourself out there! Participate in the on-going employee recognition program.
- Let them in! Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy, and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
- Be proud. Celebrate successes and publicly recognize the contributions of team members.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Follow a leadership by example. Set a positive example for guest relations.
- Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans to improve guest satisfaction.
- Be a role model. Empower employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Emphasize guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focus on continuous improvement.
- Be attentive. Respond to and handle guest problems and complaints.
- There is always room to grow. Strive to improve service performance.
Who Must You Be
To successfully fill this role, you will have the right attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- You have previous experience in relevant field with leading or supervisory role.
- An eagle-eye for detail - you can spot a slip in standards from a mile away.
- A natural people person who people like working with. You make those around feel good at their jobs and comfortable coming to you with questions. You're great at motivating others to keep to your own high standards of service.
- Passion for getting the job done and done right
- You are a huge people person – a natural host and promote a hospitable attitude.
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get things done.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- You can express yourself well in both English and Bahasa Malaysia by speaking and writing.
- You are a people-centric leader. You can push and inspire individuals at the same time.
- A sudden earthquake would not scare you.
- You only associate pressure with cookers.
- You have an unlimited amount of jokes to share and can make everyone you meet laugh.
- You are someone we can count on to be reliable and honest.
Who Are We?
Ormond Group rethinks hospitality for the contemporary traveller. Our vision is to create experiences that positively influence the way people live, work and have fun together. Our hotels are a collection of individually designed hotels, meaningful spaces that welcome all – guests, locals and nomads. Our people are at the heart and soul of our brand. An Ormond experience is about service that matters. We make our guests feel at ease and at home. Every experience is thoughtfully designed to leave a lasting impression.
Ormond Group owns and operates three distinct brands – Ormond Hotels, MoMo’s and Tune. We are backed by serial entrepreneurs and investors who have built (from scratch) successful, disruptive ventures such as AirAsia. Our shareholders and team are in turn committed to building a great business whilst having a lot of fun.