What Will You Do?
We view ourselves as a scrappy start-up and as a vital member of the team, you will be expected to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. You'll work directly with the Finance Manager/Assistant Finance Manager to ensure that we meet compliance and regulatory standards, monitor and manage accounts, and assist with financial reporting for the property. Broadly, responsibilities as part of this role include:
- Responsible for preparation of full sets of accounts including monthly management report.
- Responsible to prepare monthly reconciliation, account receivable and account payable.
- To ensure deadlines are met and report procedures are accurate.
- Responsible for monthly SST submission, reconciliation and SST Audit.
- Responsible to handle internal and external audit by attending to audit queries.
- Responsible to ensure all accounting records and documents are properly files and maintained.
- Responsible for handling tax compliance work such as tax filing, tax queries and tax payment.
- Responsible to handle banking matter such as deposit and application.
- Responsible to maintain and monitor accounting system.
- Assist identifying, reporting and resolving operational issues and discrepancies related to accounting.
- Assist to liaison with bankers, auditors and regulatory authorities to ensure compliance with statutory requirement.
Who Must You Be?
To successfully fill this role, you will have the right attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Accountancy or equivalent.
- Familiar with the Malaysian Accounting Standard and Income Tax Act.
- Candidate with 1-2 years working experience will be a plus.
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
- Passion for hospitality – whether that’s a drink, a meal, an event or a bed for the night
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience.
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get stuff done.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way.
Who Are We?
Ormond Group rethinks hospitality for the contemporary traveler. Our vision is to create experiences that positively influence the way people live, work and have fun together. Our hotels are a collection of individually designed hotels, meaningful spaces that welcome all – guests, locals and nomads. Our people are at the heart and soul of our brand. An Ormond experience is about service that matters. We make our guests feel at ease and at home. Every experience is thoughtfully designed to leave a lasting impression.
Ormond Group owns and operates three distinct brands – Ormond Hotels, MoMo’s and Tune. We are backed by serial entrepreneurs and investors who have built (from scratch) successful, disruptive ventures such as AirAsia. Our shareholders and team are in turn committed to building a great business whilst having a lot of fun. Learn more about us at www.ormondhotels.com
What's In It For You?
An opportunity to join a close-knit, dynamic and ambitious group that rewards results through competitive remuneration packages. The team is lean and nimble and applies an all hands-on deck attitude to get things done. There are opportunities for accelerated career growth, training and development for the right candidates. You will also get the chance to interact and work closely with senior management to learn how to build successful businesses!