What Will You Do?
As Financial Controller, you will lead the various sections of the Finance Department and are responsible for the day to day accounting duties. You will be required not only to provide leadership to the finance team but also be very hands-on, working together with the team on the ground. You will also provide periodic management reports on the financial performance of the hotels. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist Chief Financial Officer in providing full and accurate forecasting and budgeting proposals within the hotels.
- Ensure that the Finance team provides month-end closing and all other required management reports.
- Ensure all financial regulations are met, through the maintenance of adequate systems of internal control.
- Ensure that balance sheets are a fair reflection of the assets and liabilities of the hotels.
- Work with external/ internal auditors and assist with year-end audit preparations and drafting of financial statements.
- Ensure that all internal control procedures are strictly adhered to and communicate any perceived weakness to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Prepare capital reviews as required by the Management.
- Assist Chief Financial Officer in internal daily audits of cash deposits, transfers and the reparation/ monitoring of the capital budget.
- Prepare budget and maintain controls on spending to ensure budgetary limits are met.
Who Must You Be?
To successfully fill this role, you will have the right attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- You have relevant degree in Finance, Accounting or related business disciplines.
- You have at least 3 years’ experience in a similar position in hotel or leisure sector.
- Audit experience preferred.
- You have excellent analytical skills i.e. knowledge of financial operating systems and procedures.
- You have a strong understanding of compliance requirements.
- You can take ownership of important issues, solve problems and make effective decisions
- Methodical and process-driven approach to tasks, but also able to work flexibly and calmly to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work positively and collaboratively to achieve the highest standards of delivery at work.
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get stuff done.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way.
Who Are We?
Ormond Group rethinks hospitality for the contemporary traveler. Our vision is to create experiences that positively influence the way people live, work and have fun together. Our hotels are a collection of individually designed hotels, meaningful spaces that welcome all – guests, locals and nomads. Our people are at the heart and soul of our brand. An Ormond experience is about service that matters. We make our guests feel at ease and at home. Every experience is thoughtfully designed to leave a lasting impression.
Ormond Group owns and operates three distinct brands – Ormond Hotels, MoMo’s and Tune. We are backed by serial entrepreneurs and investors who have built (from scratch) successful, disruptive ventures such as AirAsia. Our team is committed to building highly profitable businesses and winning awards whilst having a lot of fun. Learn more about us at www.ormondhotels.com
What's In It For You?
An opportunity to join a close-knit, dynamic and ambitious group that prioritizes RESULTS. We take pride in performance-based financial rewards and believe in the right remuneration packages for the right people. The team is lean and nimble and applies an all hands-on deck attitude to get things done. There are opportunities for career change, accelerated career growth, training and development for the right candidates. High performers will also get the chance to interact and work closely with senior management to learn how to build successful businesses!