What Will You Do?
You’ll be the leader of a hotel that has recently been awarded Asia’s Leading Airport Hotel 2019 as the incumbent is stepping up into a new role within the group. You will be managing close to 200 team mates to run daily operations of the hotel as smoothly and cost efficiently as possible. You will be expected to build on the success of the hotel, streamline operations and improve profitability. The core of your role is to ensure the guests are having a great and unique experience with us. You will also;
- Impact all areas of the business from the big picture to the small details across operations, numbers, sales, marketing and F&B;
- Motivate your people by setting and monitoring appropriate goals; empowering and developing them to build their careers with the group;
- Build up the group reputation as an employer of choice among hospitality graduates;
- Provide frequent and timely updates to an active, detail-oriented and hands-on upper management team;
- Be extremely cost conscious, we run lean as a marathon athlete;
- Be great at spinning multiple plates – it’s a fast-paced place and we like to keep a handful of projects on the go at the same time; and
- Uphold our brand standards of guest service and guest experience to build a solid reputation of Tune’s “Simplicity Perfected”
Who Must You Be?
- An experienced, commercially savvy operator, with 3-5 years management experience in a 300-500 room lifestyle or contemporary hotel;
- A holder of at least a Diploma or Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma in Hospitality/Tourism/Hotel Management or the equivalent;
- Possess excellent communication skills;
- Good working knowledge of up-to-date hospitality systems such as Opera, FCS and Knowcross;
- A natural born leader with excellent management skills – you lead by example and create an environment where your team can be their best self;
- You know how to deliver results and meet ambitious goals with a fully engaged and motivated team;
- You’re as comfortable with the strategic as with the day-to-day detail and can easily connect the two;
- Passion for hospitality – whether that’s a drink, a meal, an event or a bed for a night;
- Fixed hours are not in your schedule and you are prepared to work non-standard business hours to ensure the guest needs are met;
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience;
- You’re up for doing things differently and take criticisms with the right attitude;
- You are never satisfied and are always looking for the next challenge; and
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way.
Who Are We?
Ormond Group rethinks hospitality for the contemporary traveler. Our vision is to create experiences that positively influence the way people live, work and have fun together. Our hotels are a collection of individually designed hotels, meaningful spaces that welcome all – guests, locals and nomads. Our people are at the heart and soul of our brand. An Ormond experience is about service that matters. We make our guests feel at ease and at home. Every experience is thoughtfully designed to leave a lasting impression.
Ormond Group owns and operates three distinct brands – Ormond Hotels, MoMo’s and Tune. We are backed by entrepreneurs and investors who have built (from scratch) successful, disruptive ventures such as AirAsia. Our team is committed to building highly profitable businesses and winning awards whilst having a lot of fun. Learn more about us at www.ormondhotels.com