What Will You Do?
As a vital member of the team, you will be expected to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. Broadly, responsibilities as part of this role include:
- Post room charges to guest accounts i.e. which require manual posting e.g. day use, cancellations etc.
- Process transactions for the day i.e. credit cards, daily sales records etc.
- Keep everything up to date. Post charges to the guest accounts that have not been posted or were incurred on the night audit shift.
- Transfer charges and deposits to master accounts and/or AR accounts which is required or not done in the day.
- Always be sure of what you’re doing. Check to see that all charges are assigned to the appropriate departments / classifications.
- Make sure everything is in order. Verify that all transactions performed at the front desk are supported by documentary evidence and signatures as necessary and that they have been correctly posted and allocated into Opera.
- Verify that all charges posted from the Opera PMS had reached the correct guest folios and also not missing.
- Can you handle some wicked printing and filling action? Prints and files reservations for the next business day for financial record purposes.
- Is everything as it seems? Verify all account postings and balances.
- Be a hundred percent certain in everything you do. Verify that room rates are correct and posts those rates to guest accounts.
- Monitor the current status of vouchers, coupon, discount, and other promotional programs.
- Prepare a summary of cash, credit card, Prepayment (AR) activities.
- Verify that all transactions performed at the front desk are supported by documentary evidence and signatures as necessary
- Be wary. Ensure that Night Audit processes as per checklist set by Finance Manager is completed and after then only should the Night Audit (roll of date) to be run.
- It’s a little bit of everything. Undertake any other duties assigned by Finance Manager and/or Hotel Manager/General Manager.
Who Must You Be?
To successfully fill this role, you will have the right attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- You have at least three to five years of working experience in the related field.
- You are an Opera whiz.
- You have eagle eyes when it comes to details.
- You can spread your wings to fly on your own as well as flock with other members of the team.
- You wake up in the morning ready to take on the world.
- Language is your strong suit (English and Malay).
- You know the ins and outs of the Microsoft Office tools.
Who Are We?
Ormond Group rethinks hospitality for the contemporary traveler. Our vision is to create experiences that positively influence the way people live, work and have fun together. Our hotels are a collection of individually designed hotels, meaningful spaces that welcome all – guests, locals and nomads. Our people are at the heart and soul of our brand. An Ormond experience is about service that matters. We make our guests feel at ease and at home. Every experience is thoughtfully designed to leave a lasting impression.
Ormond Group owns and operates three distinct brands – Ormond Hotels, MoMo’s and Tune. We are backed by serial entrepreneurs and investors who have built (from scratch) successful, disruptive ventures such as AirAsia. Our team is committed to building highly profitable businesses and winning awards whilst having a lot of fun. Learn more about us at www.ormondhotels.com
What's In It For You?
An opportunity to join a close-knit, dynamic and ambitious group that rewards results through competitive remuneration packages. The team is lean and nimble and applies an all hands-on deck attitude to get things done. There are opportunities for accelerated career growth, training and development for the right candidates. You will also get the chance to interact and work closely with senior management to learn how to build successful businesses!