What Will You Do?
We view ourselves as a scrappy start-up and as a member of the team, you will be expected to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. Broadly, responsibilities as part of this role include:
- Provide leadership, vision, and management to the IT Department.
- Manage the IT staff consisting of 2 teams, Business Systems and IT Infrastructure.
- Work with various departments and franchisee to assess and respond to IT needs.
- Hold departmental meetings to review strategic goals and initiatives, promote team building and work to provide growth paths for staff.
- Provide day-to-day supervision, conduct performance appraisals, and delegate work assignments for all IT personnel.
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, and providing appropriate training for IT support staff.
- Oversee the development, design, and implementation of new applications and changes to existing systems and infrastructure.
- Responsible for the ordering, acquisition, inventorying, and disposition of hardware and software.
- Serve as primary contact with outside vendors in the generation of RFPs, bids, contracts, agreements, and other major vendor interactions, Systems Operations and Maintenance.
- Maintain the integrity and continual operation of the IT network including the wireless networks of the offices, hotels and school.
- Ensure the continual functioning of mission critical operations.
- Maintain security and privacy of the information systems, communication lines, and equipment in compliance with all regulation and audit requirements.
- Develop, review, and certify all back-up and disaster recovery procedures and plans.
- Experienced in Server (Windows/Linux) and Application/System administration (Oracle PMS, Opera, Point of Sales for Restaurant (Agilysis), Keycard, Channel Manager, Customer Relation Manager (CRM), Payment Gateway, Digital Signage, etc).
- Other duties, not listed, may be assigned by the GCFO of the company as and when appropriate
Who Must You Be?
- A minimum of 8 years IT working experience of which, at least 5 years in managerial role.
- Those with project management experience or PMP certification is an added advantage.
- Ability to display sound judgment, initiative, flexibility and detail-oriented.
- Experience with managing e-commerce and travel related core system/solutions.
- Experience in dealing with senior management within the company.
- Experience in dealing with senior key stakeholders from other companies related to the company (franchisee).
Who Are We?
Ormond Group rethinks hospitality for the contemporary traveler. Our vision is to create experiences that positively influence the way people live, work and have fun together. Our hotels are a collection of individually designed hotels, meaningful spaces that welcome all – guests, locals and nomads. Our people are at the heart and soul of our brand. An Ormond experience is about service that matters. We make our guests feel at ease and at home. Every experience is thoughtfully designed to leave a lasting impression.
Ormond Group owns and operates three distinct brands – Ormond Hotels, MoMo’s and Tune. We are backed by serial entrepreneurs and investors who have built (from scratch) successful, disruptive ventures such as AirAsia and Epsom International School. Our team is committed to building highly profitable businesses and winning awards whilst having a lot of fun. Learn more about us at www.ormondhotels.com