What Will You Do?
You are the creative person of the organisation that helps add more polish and style and creativity to all our internal and external HR, branding and marketing materials. We view ourselves as a scrappy start-up and as a valued member of the team, you will be expected to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. A little summary of what you will be doing:
- Our design work spans everything from digital marketing assets, brand collaterals, in-house posters for events, product design, advertorials, posters for internal events, EDMs and much more.
- We are a small, collaborative and hands-on team that are continually striving to produce the best design work. With projects large and small, it’s a fast-paced studio, often with short lead times and the need for quick and efficient turn-around whilst ensuring the highest quality.
- You will be required to have a deep understanding our brand identity and style to be able to independently lead design projects on your own with minimal guidance and supervision.
- In addition to projects we’re looking for a team member who’ll want to contribute ideas and push design forward within the team.
Who Must You Be?
You are talented, passionate and imaginative. You will have good commercial and creative sense to be able to create collateral that not only achieves the desired outcome, but at the same time adheres to our brand identity and identifies fully with our target audience. You should be able to do this independently with minimal instruction. You are known among your peers as someone who comes up with uniquely original ideas with a good sense of style. In addition, successful candidates will have the right attitude, behaviours, skills and values that follow:
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite;
- The ability to work with both speed and accuracy across multiple simultaneous projects under strict deadlines;
- Solid graphic design education from a reputable tertiary/design institute;
- Strong conceptual thinking, plenty of ideas and the ability to visualize and communicate ideas;
- A love of print and digital with knowledge of print production process, different types of production and materials in order to liaise with our in-house team and external printers. (knowledge and experience of exhibition, display and large format print and signage would be advantageous;
- Experience creating great proposals for projects, including mock-ups, pitch and presentation material;
We are requesting that all candidates submit a portfolio. We are particularly keen to see:
- Concept generation and the development of ideas through to delivery;
- Delivery of creatives across a range of outputs such as advertising, print and digital– i.e. ads for print and digital, social media, gifs, newsletters and a good understanding of optimizing design for online web and mobile;
- Examples of any spatial/environmental/display work (if any).
Who Are We?
Ormond Group rethinks hospitality for the contemporary traveler. Our vision is to create experiences that positively influence the way people live, work and have fun together. Our hotels are a collection of individually designed hotels, meaningful spaces that welcome all – guests, locals and nomads. Our people are at the heart and soul of our brand. An Ormond experience is about service that matters. We make our guests feel at ease and at home. Every experience is thoughtfully designed to leave a lasting impression.
Ormond Group owns and operates three distinct brands – Ormond Hotels, MoMo’s and Tune. We are backed by serial entrepreneurs and investors who have built (from scratch) successful, disruptive ventures such as AirAsia. Our team is committed to building highly profitable businesses and winning awards whilst having a lot of fun. Learn more about us at www.ormondhotels.com
What's In It For You?
An opportunity to join a close-knit, dynamic and ambitious group that rewards results through competitive remuneration packages. The team is lean and nimble and applies an all hands-on deck attitude to get things done. There are opportunities for accelerated career growth, training and development for the right candidates. You will also get the chance to interact and work closely with senior management to learn how to build successful businesses!