What Will You Do?
We view ourselves as a scrappy start-up and as a vital member of the team, you will be expected to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. You'll work directly with the Legal Manager. Broadly, responsibilities as part of this role include:
- Prepare, draft, vet and negotiate legal documents and agreements – including onshore, offshore and cross-border documentation.
- To provide day-to-day legal support to management and various departments to facilitate operations.
- To identify and assess legal issues and risks arising from the Group’s commitments and transactions, and balance legal implications against commercial requirements for the purposes of formulating appropriate resolutions.
- To monitor the Group’s compliance with the applicable law and regulations.
- To assist the Head of Legal and Legal Manager in all matters.
- Manage and liaise with external counsel, counterparties and authorities.
- To conduct legal research on various topics in different jurisdictions.
- Manage dispute resolution process.
- Other matters as set out by the Management from time to time.
Who Must You Be?
To successfully fill this role, you will have the right attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Law from a reputable university and being a qualified lawyer to practice in Malaysia or in any common law countries would be an added advantage.
- 2 to 4 years PQE in commercial litigation (preferred) or corporate law practice.
- Experienced in drafting and negotiating various commercial contracts, particularly franchising agreements, shareholders agreements and other corporate documentation
- Knowledgeable in the following areas of law – franchising, IP, corporate and commercial, litigation and conveyancing.
- Highly proficient in written and spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Possess excellent research writing & analytical skills and the ability to think critically and on your feet.
- Ability to perform in depth reviews and understand the Group’s business framework to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations and to effectively progress commercial transactions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all types of people.
- Able to work independently and have a strong commitment to ensure corporate/ legal compliance and timely delivery of quality work.
- Meticulous, organized and has the ability to multi-task and work on ad-hoc basis.
Who Are We?
Ormond Group rethinks hospitality for the contemporary traveler. Our vision is to create experiences that positively influence the way people live, work and have fun together. Our hotels are a collection of individually designed hotels, meaningful spaces that welcome all – guests, locals and nomads. Our people are at the heart and soul of our brand. An Ormond experience is about service that matters. We make our guests feel at ease and at home. Every experience is thoughtfully designed to leave a lasting impression.
Ormond Group owns and operates three distinct brands – Ormond Hotels, MoMo’s and Tune. We are backed by serial entrepreneurs and investors who have built (from scratch) successful, disruptive ventures such as AirAsia. Our shareholders and team are in turn committed to building a great business whilst having a lot of fun. Learn more about us at www.ormondhotels.com
What’s In It For You?
An opportunity to join a close-knit, dynamic and ambitious group that prioritizes RESULTS. We take pride in performance-based financial rewards and believe in the right remuneration packages for the right people. The team is lean and nimble and applies an all hands-on deck attitude to get things done. There are opportunities for career change, accelerated career growth, training and development for the right candidates. High performers will also get the chance to interact and work closely with senior management to learn how to build successful businesses!