What Will You Do?
You’ll be responsible for carrying out any scheduled or directed maintenance request in an efficient, courteous and professional manner to achieve maximum customer satisfaction while complying with all policies. We’re not really a strict job descriptions kind of place – we all roll our sleeves up and get stuck in wherever needed – but here's an idea of how we see the role;
- Safety comes first. Handle maintenance contractors/vendors to carry out routine housekeeping of A/C, AHU and fire systems/equipment, light fittings and electrical switchboards etc. to maintain its proper function in a safe manner.
- Rules are meant to be followed. Ensure that all safety regulations are adhered to as stipulated by the relevant authorities.
- Keep everything in check. Conduct corrective service and repair / restoration works where and when necessary.
- Make sure everything is in order. Schedule and oversee regular inspections and contract servicing to ensure the working conditions of all equipment
- Manage an inventory record of parts and supplies, tools and equipment.
- Perform general maintenance work.
- Keep everything functioning and working well. Operate and perform periodical checks on the maintenance equipment, water pressure, generator set etc.
- Highlight on any other matters that needs future upgrading work.
- Create a periodic maintenance schedule and design preventive maintenance programs for the property.
- It’s a little bit of everything. Perform other duties from the norm as requested by Hotel Manager.
Who Must You Be?
- You can fire up all sides of your brain and multi-task.
- You can work independently with minimum supervision.
- You are a handy man with skills in plumbing, air-conditioner servicing and troubleshooting, wiring & electrical, with basic carpentry.
- You previously worked in similar field with a minimum of two years’ experience.
- You are someone we can count on to be reliable and honest.
- You work well in teams.
- Your time management skills put clock smiths out of business.
- Language is your strong suit (English and Malay)
- Desired qualification: Chargeman AO (preferably), Wireman PW3 or higher, MLVK in related discipline equivalent to a Diploma or Degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering.
- Able to be based at Georgetown, Penang.
Who Are We?
Ormond Group rethinks hospitality for the contemporary traveler. Our vision is to create experiences that positively influence the way people live, work and have fun together. Our hotels are a collection of individually designed hotels, meaningful spaces that welcome all – guests, locals and nomads. Our people are at the heart and soul of our brand. An Ormond experience is about service that matters. We make our guests feel at ease and at home. Every experience is thoughtfully designed to leave a lasting impression.
Ormond Group owns and operates three distinct brands – Ormond Hotels, MoMo’s and Tune. We are backed by serial entrepreneurs and investors who have built (from scratch) successful, disruptive ventures such as AirAsia. Our shareholders and team are in turn committed to building a great business whilst having a lot of fun. Learn more about us at www.ormondhotels.com
What's In It For You?
An opportunity to join a close-knit, dynamic and ambitious group that prioritizes RESULTS. We take pride in performance-based financial rewards and believe in the right remuneration packages for the right people. The team is lean and nimble and applies an all hands-on deck attitude to get things done. There are opportunities for career change, accelerated career growth, training and development for the right candidates. High performers will also get the chance to interact and work closely with senior management to learn how to build successful businesses!