What Will You Do?
You are a high-performing generalist, leading and supporting initiatives in, but not limited to, the Brand & Marketing department, to deliver revenue for the group and positive cultural currency. You have to be versatile and tenacious with a passion for delivering results while managing the bottom line. You must have excellent communication skills and be able to manage high octane bosses while inspiring your team. You must have an excellent command of written and spoken English and feel comfortable writing both creative and marketing copy. You are comfortable public speaking and reaching out to relevant creative communities or partners. You consider yourself someone with good taste and is passionate about art, design or any related creative field. You are comfortable articulating detailed and constructive feedback to the design team across various design principles – brand, graphic and interiors. You have leadership experience and have shown a track record of executing and delivering projects and initiatives. You get things done and motivate people.
We view ourselves as a scrappy start-up and as a valued member of a small team, you will be expected to roll up your sleeves and work in various projects at different stages all at once. As part of the brand & marketing team for Ormond Group, you will also be expected to give contribute in all aspects of the wider group and its subsidiaries.
- Support the Head of Brand & Marketing on all required tasks. You are essentially the second in command in ensuring things get delivered on time, on budget and on message.
- Oversees all creative assets across all platforms, including, but not limited to: Website Design, Graphic Design and Copy for Digital Assets, Guest Amenities, Content Creation for Print and Digital Assets, Creative Partnerships & Collaborations, Guest Communications etc.
- Create and implement design and content strategy for Websites, Digital Ads and other communication channels such as Social Media Channels;
- Help create digital content and drive internal and external PR to amplify content;
- Strategize with the team and agencies to develop cost effective and impactful digital and media plans for all brands under the group;
- Guide agencies on the performance of the communication efforts and work closely to monitor ROI’s and improve strategies and plans;
- Able to guide graphic design team to execute to the right brand tone of voice and look & feel;
- Able to critically assess third party work and steer final deliverables to the satisfaction of key stakeholders;
- A strong commercial sense is necessary to ensure cost control and adherence to budgets in order a value for money experience for our guests;
- Provide research and recommendations on leading local and global design firms if required;
- Work closely with the commercial and marketing teams to ensure that the brand’s content and marketing collaterals are consistent with the Group’s design sensibilities and brand intent;
- Review designs for properties and F&B concepts;
- Contribute to localization / region specific requirements to Brand standards;
- Participate at projects design review workshops/meetings;
- Work with pre-opening team and Project Managers on new hotel openings;
- Participate with input for all P.I.P.'s (Property Improvement Plans);
- Able to put together presentations or proposals on the brand(s) and group;
- To keep abreast with trends in the travel, hospitality and education sectors to introduce fresh ideas and design perspectives to our business;
- Connect with relevant communities and build partnerships that drive revenue for the group;
- Organise or put together events or event framework to drive “noise” or visibility for the brand(s);
- Ensure PR narratives are on brand and consistent;
- Assist operations to ensure that guest experience initiatives are implemented into SOPs and followed;
- Work with Systems & IT to implement technology that helps improve guest experience;
- Work to constantly improve look & feel at property level without adding to cost;
- Identify and train people on property to drive and execute programming and marketing calendar.
Who Must You Be?
- Have worked in a creative, marketing or brand related role for at least 5 years.
- Can display a track record of getting things done.
- Consider yourself a pragmatist and is someone who isn’t too precious about the process and places more importance on delivering the best possible results.
- Ability to work with and gain respect and trust of third party creators, vendors, artists, thought leaders, media and colleagues across the Company.
- Flexibility and sensitivity in method of dealing with various people, personalities, cultures
- Willing and able to take ownership and responsibility for multiple projects at one time.
- Happy to work in a start-up environment in a small team where everyone is expected to do all tasks, big or small, to deliver results
- Ability to travel locally and international, as and when needed.
- Able to work independently and possess good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Able to work in a high pressure, fast paced environment.
- Highly organised.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Familiarity with social media and digital marketing tools a plus.
- Familiarity with design software a plus, but not essential.
Who Are We?
Ormond Group rethinks hospitality for the contemporary traveler. Our vision is to create experiences that positively influence the way people live, work and have fun together. Our hotels are a collection of individually designed hotels, meaningful spaces that welcome all – guests, locals and nomads. Our people are at the heart and soul of our brand. An Ormond experience is about service that matters. We make our guests feel at ease and at home. Every experience is thoughtfully designed to leave a lasting impression.
Ormond Group owns and operates three distinct brands – Ormond Hotels, MoMo’s and Tune. We are backed by serial entrepreneurs and investors who have built (from scratch) successful, disruptive ventures such as AirAsia. Our team is committed to building highly profitable businesses and winning awards whilst having a lot of fun. Learn more about us at www.ormondhotels.com
What's In It For You?
An opportunity to join a close-knit, dynamic and ambitious group that rewards results through competitive remuneration packages. The team is lean and nimble and applies an all hands-on deck attitude to get things done. There are opportunities for accelerated career growth, training and development for the right candidates. You will also get the chance to interact and work closely with senior management to learn how to build successful businesses!