What Will You Do?
We view ourselves as a scrappy start-up and as a vital member of the team, you will be expected to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. You'll work directly with the Outlet Manager/ Assistant Manager and below are the responsibilities as part of this role:
- To assist F&B Manager by leading the food and beverage service staff in facilities to include The Chow Kit & Momo’s at Kuala Lumpur and F&B Operations in Ormond Group.
- Execute outlet operations including food and beverage promotions, customer service and inventories.
- Capable an organize documentation for shift work including reports, daily training topics, shift floor plan, and requisitions for stock beverage.
- Good communication skills in more than 2 languages. Acting as a host/ hostess by taking reservations, greeting, seating, thanking guests and presenting menus and wine lists.
- Delegating responsibilities, coaching and correcting, evaluating, training and mentoring of staff. To stress the important of personal cleanliness, neatness grooming and that staff do not deviate from their prescribed uniform standard.
- Maintain outlet’s inventory, cleanliness and menu consistency as well as its policies and procedures.
- Assist in the execution of the strategic plan including forecasting, budget management, profit and loss accountability, cost control and inventories.
- Supervising the floor during meal periods to ensure that all standards and steps of service are met through all quest interactions
- Ensuring that checklist, requisitions and proper opening and closing functions are being completed each shift.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the staff.
- Observe performance and encourage improvement where necessary.
- Communicate with guest and employees using a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situation and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for the staff and other hotel employees
- Write patrons’ food orders on order slips, memorize order, or enter orders into computer and transmittal to kitchen staff.
- Serve food or beverages to patrons, and prepare or serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
- Anticipate and service of guests’ requirements before request if necessary.
- Ascertain a guest’s satisfaction and handle any problem, which may arise informing a manager of the problem and how it was resolved.
- Service all needs for private dining room or private function.
- Provide quick and attentive assistance to any mishap in the restaurant
- Be flexible in assisting around different areas of the outlet in response to business and client needs.
- Maintain a friendly yet unobtrusive manner with all guests.
- Possess a management ability that ensures a successful handling of the outlet
- Understand all food and beverage items offered, including ingredients, methods of preparation and proper service. Also, an expert knowledge of beverages and wines
- Ensure proper maintenance, defect lists, cleaning and operation of the outlet and service equipment especially coffee machine, beer machine, other equipment and etc.
- Promote good public relations and handle complaints or concerns of guests.
- Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by management.
- Forecast workloads and checks work schedules prepared by subordinate managers for all outlet employees.
- Assist Department Heads in developing job descriptions and reviewing them periodically to ensure their continuing understanding and acceptance.
- Utilize the computer system in ringing up, printing and closing checks as well as shift reports.
- Continue to enhance the guest service experience by creative initiatives
- To ensure outlet activities are operated smoothly and according to the standard operating procedures and ensure high standard of customer are maintained as well as motivate others to achieve outlet sales targets and Overview’s Review in Trust You Score.
- Maintain and demonstrate strong knowledge of food and beverage trends within the hospitality industry.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Who Must You Be?
To successfully fill this role, you will have the right attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Minimum of 2-3 years relevant working experience
- Higher Secondary School/SPM/STPM and experience. Knowledge of food service operations and a variety of styles of services.
- Preferably from Airline Industry, F&B, Restaurant Service, Hotel or equivalent
- Good command of English & Bahasa
- Independent & self-motivated
- Good team player and creative
- Leadership skills
- Good communication skills
- Knowledgeable of computer skills
Who Are We?
Ormond Group rethinks hospitality for the contemporary traveler. Our vision is to create experiences that positively influence the way people live, work and have fun together. Our hotels are a collection of individually designed hotels, meaningful spaces that welcome all – guests, locals and nomads. Our people are at the heart and soul of our brand. An Ormond experience is about service that matters. We make our guests feel at ease and at home. Every experience is thoughtfully designed to leave a lasting impression.
Ormond Group owns and operates three distinct brands – Ormond Hotels, MoMo’s and Tune. We are backed by serial entrepreneurs and investors who have built (from scratch) successful, disruptive ventures such as AirAsia. Our shareholders and team are in turn committed to building a great business whilst having a lot of fun. Learn more about us at www.ormondhotels.com
What's In It For You?
An opportunity to join a close-knit, dynamic and ambitious group that prioritizes RESULTS. We take pride in performance-based financial rewards and believe in the right remuneration packages for the right people. The team is lean and nimble and applies an all hands-on deck attitude to get things done. There are opportunities for career change, accelerated career growth, training and development for the right candidates. High performers will also get the chance to interact and work closely with senior management to learn how to build successful businesses!