What Will You Do?
We view ourselves as a scrappy start-up and as a member of the leadership team, you will be expected to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. Broadly, responsibilities as part of this senior role include:
- Positioning the People & Culture department as a vibrant, strategic partner to the other business units and is responsible for ensuring top-notch talent recruitment and retention;
- Working with outsourced shared service providers to oversee and deliver the administrative and routine aspects of HR – e.g. payroll, performance management, reviews disciplinary actions etc;
- Own recruitment efforts; establish partnerships and channels for effective talent acquisition;
- Whilst retaining responsibility for no-nonsense compliance with applicable company policies, best practices and legal / regulatory framework, the core focus of this role is conceptualizing and executing initiatives that will help meet the Ormond Group’s talent requirements and business objectives;
- Being an outstanding Ormond brand ambassador and communicating the Ormond Group values and spirit effectively to both internal and external stakeholders;
- Ensuring quality and effectiveness of training. Regular review and improvement of curriculum, materials and delivery in tandem with subject matter experts;
- Promoting and fostering employee experience, engagement, development and career progression to promote talent retention; and
- Motivating colleagues to be the best they can be
Who Must You Be?
To successfully fill this role, you will have the right attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- >5 years in a marketing / branding / recruitment / HR role with demonstrable success and results. Prior experience in a HR role is not a must. Prior experience leading a team is a plus;
- A passion for hospitality and desire to market the Ormond Group story and opportunity to existing and potential colleagues;
- An overwhelmingly positive attitude;
- A high standard of spoken and written English;
- Enthusiastic, confident and sociable; excellent communication and people skills;
- Must be a doer and see ideas through from inception to reality; ability to multi-task and deliver results under pressure;
- Active social media presence and network; and
- Prior experience in a HR role not necessary
Who Are We?
Ormond Group rethinks hospitality for the contemporary traveller. Our vision is to create experiences that positively influence the way people live, work and have fun together. Our hotels are a collection of individually designed hotels, meaningful spaces that welcome all – guests, locals and nomads. Our people are at the heart and soul of our brand. An Ormond experience is about service that matters. We make our guests feel at ease and at home. Every experience is thoughtfully designed to leave a lasting impression.
Ormond Group owns and operates three distinct brands – Ormond Hotels, MoMo’s and Tune. We are backed by serial entrepreneurs and investors who have built (from scratch) successful, disruptive ventures such as AirAsia. Our shareholders and team are in turn committed to building a great business whilst having a lot of fun.