What Will You Do?
You are a leader in the restaurant operations where you inspire your team to create memorable experiences for guests of all our restaurants. In addition, this role will also have a large focus on administrative duties such as scheduling and payroll. You hold yourself and others to a high level of professionalism and integrity, making key decisions based on what is best for the guest, the hotel, and the people who make it operate successfully day to day.
We don’t go for long winded job descriptions – we all roll our sleeves up and get stuck in wherever needed – but here's an idea of how we see the role;
- Oversee and direct the day to day operations of the restaurants for efficient and organized service.
- Supervise the team and the floor operations to maximize profitability, minimize legal liability, and follow regulations.
- Have a focus on the administrative departmental aspects such as: scheduling, payroll, etc.
- Work with wider other management team to plan any special restaurant functions
- Assist with department scheduling, hiring, and performance management
- Address any concerns from guests regarding food quality or service
- Ensure sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas are followed.
- Make sure the restaurants are compliant with all health and safety regulations.
- Work with F&B Manager and Finance team to review and monitor expenses to ensure they conform to budget limitations. Work to improve financial performance.
- Lead and inspire your team to ensure a high level of engagement and exceptional individual service
- Role model of Ormond’s values and behaviour.
- Ensure all members of the team follow the rules, do their level best, and love their job.
- Play a key role in team development and training.
- Ensure that the restaurant maintains 100% labor and legal compliance.
Who Must You Be?
- You have 2-3 years of restaurant experience in a similar role.
- High level of interpersonal and customer relations skills and ability to handle a multitude of tasks simultaneously.
- You have a baseline food, beverage, and wine knowledge.
- You execute. You get things done.
- You are highly organized. This is key in the administrative aspects of the role!
- You have a keen eye for detail and love to share your notes and feedback.
- You’re a natural host and can make guests and team members feel at home in our space.
- You jump out of bed every morning, fizzing with energy and jazzed about what you’re doing today.
- You are humble. There are no egos, and no drama.
- Ability to take ownership of issues, solve problems and make effective decision.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to Ormond’s culture.
- You know how to crack the whip, but make people feel good at the same time.
- You’ll work positively and collaboratively to achieve the highest standards of delivery at work
- You live and breathe each of Ormond’s leadership behaviors.
- Fixed hours are not in your schedule and you are prepared to work non-standard business hours to ensure the guest needs are met.
Who Are We?
Ormond Group rethinks hospitality for the contemporary traveller. Our vision is to create experiences that positively influence the way people live, work and have fun together. Our hotels are a collection of individually designed hotels, meaningful spaces that welcome all – guests, locals and nomads. Our people are at the heart and soul of our brand. An Ormond experience is about service that matters. We make our guests feel at ease and at home. Every experience is thoughtfully designed to leave a lasting impression.
Ormond Group owns and operates three distinct brands – Ormond Hotels, MoMo’s and Tune. We are backed by entrepreneurs and investors who have built (from scratch) successful, disruptive ventures such as AirAsia. Our shareholders and team are in turn committed to building a great business whilst having a lot of fun.