What Will You Do?
We view ourselves as a scrappy start-up and as a member of the team, you will be expected to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in.
You will pound the pavement across Penang (and the region) to drive corporate and offline (travel agents, group bookings etc.) room nights into Tune Hotels Penang. Where needed, you will assist the team with relevant sales and marketing work and be an outstanding Ormond brand ambassador and communicating the Ormond Group values and spirit effectively to both internal and external stakeholders. Broad responsibilities in this role include:
- Managing a portfolio of accounts and taking the lead on rate negotiations (in consultation with the commercial team) to maximize market share;
- Developing and implementing initiatives to grow corporate and offline business and identifying new opportunities;
- Maintaining excellent knowledge of the local Penang marketplace;
- Representing Tune Hotels Penang (and the Ormond Group) at events (trade shows, agent presentations etc) that will help highlight and promote the property;
- Organizing familiarization visits for potential clients;
- Researching, identifying leads, engaging and converting potential clients; and
- Cross-selling all Ormond Group properties to maximize corporate and offline revenues;
Who Must You Be?
To successfully fill this role, you will have the right attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a sales role; prior involvement in hospitality is a plus;
- Passionate about hospitality and sales;
- Goal-driven and hungry for commissions;
- A never say die attitude and a refusal to take no for an answer;
- A self-starter with a sense of urgency and the ability to work pro-actively;
- A high standard of spoken and written English; copy-writing and editing are essential for the role; fluency in Bahasa Malaysia, Mandarin and/or Cantonese is a plus;
- Enthusiastic, confident and sociable; excellent communication and people skills; must be comfortable giving memorable sales presentations;
- Must be a doer and see ideas through from inception to reality; ability to organize, multi-task, project manage and deliver results under pressure;
- A desire to experiment (creatively and cost effectively!) and the ability to make quick adjustments to changing conditions; and
- internal communication without heavy reliance on others
Who Are We?
Ormond Group rethinks hospitality for the contemporary traveler. Our vision is to create experiences that positively influence the way people live, work and have fun together. Our hotels are a collection of individually designed hotels, meaningful spaces that welcome all – guests, locals and nomads. Our people are at the heart and soul of our brand. An Ormond experience is about service that matters. We make our guests feel at ease and at home. Every experience is thoughtfully designed to leave a lasting impression.
Ormond Group owns and operates three distinct brands – Ormond Hotels, MoMo’s and Tune. We are backed by serial entrepreneurs and investors who have built (from scratch) successful, disruptive ventures such as AirAsia. Our team is committed to building highly profitable businesses and winning awards whilst having a lot of fun. Learn more about us at www.ormondhotels.com
What's In It For You?
An opportunity to join a close-knit, dynamic and ambitious group that rewards results through competitive remuneration packages. The team is lean and nimble and applies an all hands-on deck attitude to get things done. There are opportunities for accelerated career growth, training and development for the right candidates. You will also get the chance to interact and work closely with senior management to learn how to build successful businesses!