What Will You Do?
We view ourselves as a scrappy start-up and as a vital member of the team, you will be expected to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. Broadly, responsibilities as part of this role include:
- Using all your expertise. Establish sales objectives and develop annual sales quotas, project expected sales volume and revenue from various segments.
- Develop and manage sales operating budgets as well as analyse and control expenditures of team to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Maintain relationships with our partners, collaborators and sponsors, and continue to identify and engage with new ones.
- Keep your ear close to the ground! Tell us what the market wants and how we keep our clients happy and coming back. Your ideas on how to adjust strategies and meet goals are key to the success of the hotel.
- Conversion is the name of the game. You close Group, Meetings and Social Events contracts.
- Manage our partnership budget and ensure that we have new partners lined up annually.
- Engage with local business and community – ensure that our properties are seen as community champions with positive social currency.
- Think big(ger). Develop and recommend account positioning and respective account pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Channelling the inner detective in you. Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Set reasonable goals. Direct market development activity and coordinate sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
- Make use of your planning skills. Plan and organize familiarization trips for potential key accounts and travel agents in an effort to secure new business
- Be there or be square! Attend and participate key industry events to promote Ormond Group.
- Be tactful. Generate and organize tactical promotions to revive low occupancy properties to increase RevPar.
- Meets with key clients, assist sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Review and analyse sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
- Manage day to day sales activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members.
- Propose and implement hotel-specific marketing and campaign strategies to include, but not limited to maintaining and marketing websites, employing corporate brand marketing and leveraging social media.
- Keep everything up to date. Monitor marketing trends, tools and applications specific to the hotel industry and target market(s).
- Are we on par with the current market and trend? Measure and report impact of marketing strategies.
- Keep everyone in check. Monitor and develop marketing team member performance to include, but not limited to, managing projects and deadlines, providing supervision and professional development.
- Communication is the answer to all our problems. Partner with hotel managers to enhance departmental revenue through targeted marketing campaigns.
- Team work makes the dream work! Partner with the Revenue Management team to include, but not limited to, determining sales pricing strategies, developing rates, establishing group thresholds, determining space utilization policy, deploying competitive data strategies, conducting demand analysis and managing market mix.
- Lay the foundation and fill the pipeline – you’ll have long lead revenue goals.
- We’re in it together, so upsell within your hotel and cross pollinate our family brand(s).
Who Must You Be?
To successfully fill this role, you will have the right attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the sales/marketing/hospitality profession.
- You are passionate about hotel and event sales and are goal driven.
- You work well in a fast-paced environment and enjoy a challenge.
- Minimum five years of sales and marketing in the luxury hotel industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and property management systems.
- Strong command of English language, both written and verbal
- Know all things media (computer and presentation skills)
Who Are We?
Ormond Group rethinks hospitality for the contemporary traveller. Our vision is to create experiences that positively influence the way people live, work and have fun together. Our hotels are a collection of individually designed hotels, meaningful spaces that welcome all – guests, locals and nomads. Our people are at the heart and soul of our brand. An Ormond experience is about service that matters. We make our guests feel at ease and at home. Every experience is thoughtfully designed to leave a lasting impression.
Ormond Group owns and operates three distinct brands – Ormond Hotels, MoMo’s and Tune. We are backed by serial entrepreneurs and investors who have built (from scratch) successful, disruptive ventures such as AirAsia. Our shareholders and team are in turn committed to building a great business whilst having a lot of fun.