What Will You Do?
You manage the team that forms the lifeblood of the company, tasked with making sure we have the right people in place to realise our vision of becoming the best hospitality group in Asia; ensuring that our talents are well managed to grow and develop together with the group. Your team are also the gatekeepers of company culture, ensuring that all are on board and live our values as a lean, fast expanding organisation.
Together with upper management, you will determine the culture, policies, procedures and budgets for the People Department. While leading the People & Culture team, your primary focus will be Performance Management. You will ensure that the best talents in HQ and senior leadership receive the appropriate training and development opportunities to elevate performance and for the group to stay ahead of the competition. As our senior go-to person for all “people-related” matters, you will embody the culture and values that drive this company forward.
We view ourselves as a scrappy start-up and as a vital member of the team, you will be expected to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. Broadly, responsibilities of the team cover all areas that are required to fulfil the following goals:
- For Ormond Group to be known as the employer of choice in the hospitality industry;
- To fuel the group’s fast expansion with a team of high calibre people who are ambitious, passionate about hospitality and do-ers; and
- Promote from within - To train, develop and advance our people’s careers within the organisation.
Who Must You Be?
You are a people person, organised, driven and results oriented. Your years of experience in HR makes you a valuable source of information and advice for all people-related matters. You are resourceful and always looking for ways to improve the Group’s performance through recruiting, training and retaining the right talent. In addition, you will ideally have:
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role with demonstrable success and results;
- A passion for hospitality and desire to market the Ormond Group story and opportunity to existing and potential colleagues;
- Experience in a start-up (and loved the pace and the “do everything” culture)
- Experience in hospitality or related industry
- Deep knowledge of Malaysian industrial relations policies;
- An overwhelmingly positive attitude;
- A high standard of spoken and written English;
- Enthusiasm and confidence; excellent communication, PR and people skills;
- Familiarity with various recruitment channels and tools;
- Interest to evaluate and deploy technology to enhance the people process and experience; and
- Must be a doer and see ideas through from inception to reality; ability to multi-task and deliver results under pressure.
What’s In It For You?
An opportunity to join a close-knit, dynamic and ambitious group that rewards results through competitive remuneration packages. The team is lean and nimble and applies an all hands-on deck attitude to get things done.