What You Will Do?
The Technical Project Assistant is responsible to assist the Senior Manager to deliver project(s) that span across one or more properties. Manage budgets and resources, schedules and adhere to quality and control guidelines throughout the full systems development life cycle. This also includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery.
- Assists the Senior Project Manager to coordinate all development & construction activities on site including site progress, sub-contractors’ performance and site organization;
- Review, evaluate and monitoring the contractors’ plans and physical progress to ensure its completion;
- Ensure contractors’ works are sound and they are executed in the most professional manner;
- Supervise and check the structural, architectural and the M&E works are according to drawing, specification and schedule;
- Material delivery projection and wastage control;
- Schedule, control and monitor the daily usage of plant and machinery;
- Monitor site safety; to ensure workers comply with Safety Regulation;
- Assists Senior Project Manager to plan, execute, coordinate, implement and complete projects within budget and schedules;
- Establish good rapport with contractors and maintain well-planned implementation of the project;
- To keep good record keeping during the duration of the construction;
- Preparation of construction schedules and attending to site matters;
- To be fully responsible for work entrusted be it small projects or specific areas or tasks in a large project;
- To work with contractors for putting into execution the project’s site mobilization plan required for the proper execution of the project and detailed in the contract award requirements as directed by the Senior Manager;
- Recommends remedial actions to put his part of the project schedule back on track if need arises;
- Reviews the schedule of his/her area of the project in comparison to the base line schedule;
- Reviews the sub-contract packages that are within his scope of work to ensure proper interfacing with other packages insuring and avoiding missing or duplicating activities on the packages;
- Monitors his subcontractor’s performance to achieve the required target completion dates with the quality standard required by the contract documents;
- Must identify any changes or conflict in the work scope that is not within the project contract scope;
- Prepares weekly and monthly progress reports in addition to any other reports as required by Head of Department;
- To execute the assigned project(s) according to specifications, shop drawings, and standards within the time frame and using the minimum required resources.
Who Must You Be?
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, construction management, or related field with more than 5 years’ experience in relevant field of property development, design or construction having successfully completed multiple projects
- Computer literacy including experience in Microsoft Office, project management software and collaboration tools
- Demonstrated experience with budgeting and management of projects to budget
- Knowledge of design and engineering processes sufficient to manage complex teams during design and construction phases
- Understand construction processes to the extent needed to oversee construction phase from an “Owner’s Rep” standpoint
- Be able to report project status to the Management and always able to gauge if project is on budget, on schedule and meeting quality expectations
- Problem solving skills to deal with changing project and market environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required to communicate to staff, consulting teams, vendors, authorities, partners
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at once; detail-oriented
- Flexibility with work hours and travel as needed.
What's In It For You?
An opportunity to join a close-knit, dynamic and ambitious group that prioritizes RESULTS. We take pride in performance-based financial rewards and believe in the right remuneration packages for the right people. The team is lean and nimble and applies an all hands-on deck attitude to get things done. There are opportunities for career change, accelerated career growth, training and development for the right candidates. High performers will also get the chance to interact and work closely with senior management to learn how to build successful businesses!