What Will You Do?
We view ourselves as a scrappy start-up and as a member of the team, you will be expected to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. Broadly, responsibilities as part of this role include:
- Oversee, manage and conduct all training-related programs, initiatives, communication and activities for all Hotels;
- Train, monitor and reinforce standards and training accountability;
- Partner with Hotel Managers to ensure that training materials and SOPs and other training tools are up to date and utilized effectively;
- Develop a solid skill training framework both at property and HQ level;
- Organize and develop training manuals, multimedia visual aids and other educational materials;
- Provide consistent influence so the service level is maintained in accordance to SOP;
- Formulate training policies, programs and schedules, based on knowledge of identified training needs, company processes, business systems or change in products;
- Perform operational, service and quality audit at hotels. Identify areas of improvement;
- Work together with hotel managers on performance management of employees;
- Establish formalized on- boarding training plans for individual positions; Set up training schedules for employees and follow-up on all new employees;
- Conduct daily inspections of the team’s service deliveries to assure that they are meeting the service standards. Provide immediate feedback and coaching when necessary;
- Determine the best training delivery methods by understanding the audience, content, technologies, and operational constraints;
- Educate leaders on their role in developing people as an essential part of their jobs and develop processes to hold managers accountable for developing talent;
- Support Operations key result areas.
Who Must You Be?
To successfully fill this role, you will have the right attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- You have relevant working experience in areas of training and hotel operations;
- Your glass is half full, always.
- You are passionate about hospitality; whether that’s a drink, a meal, an event or a bed for the night
- You are proactive with sense of urgency and intellectual curiosity, have sense of responsibility and ownership;
- You posess high standard of spoken and written English;
- Your are enthusiastic, confident and sociable with excellent communication and people skills;
- You are a doer and see ideas through from inception to reality; ability to multi-task and deliver results under pressure.
- You are humble. There are no egos, and no drama.
Who Are We?
Ormond Group rethinks hospitality for the contemporary traveller. Our vision is to create experiences that positively influence the way people live, work and have fun together. Our hotels are a collection of individually designed hotels, meaningful spaces that welcome all – guests, locals and nomads. Our people are at the heart and soul of our brand. An Ormond experience is about service that matters. We make our guests feel at ease and at home. Every experience is thoughtfully designed to leave a lasting impression.
Ormond Group owns and operates three distinct brands – Ormond Hotels, MoMo’s and Tune. We are backed by serial entrepreneurs and investors who have built (from scratch) successful, disruptive ventures such as AirAsia. Our shareholders and team are in turn committed to building a great business whilst having a lot of fun.