What Will You Do?
You’re the face of our guests’ experience and you bring your own flavour to the(ir) table, making sure that from the moment they arrive to when they leave, they’re having a great time.
We don’t go for long winded job descriptions – we all roll our sleeves up and get stuck in wherever needed – but here's an idea of how we see the role;
- Acting as a host/hostess by taking reservations, greeting, seating, thanking guests and presenting menus and wine lists.
- Write patrons’ food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers and transmittal to kitchen staff.
- Serve food or beverages to patrons, and prepare or serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
- Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, and take them to kitchen for cleaning.
- Present bills and accept payments.
- Anticipate and service of guests' requirements before requests if necessary.
- Serve and clear food and beverage items in an unobtrusive and professional manner.
- Complete opening and closing side work as assigned and has all tables set according to standard.
- Present menus and explanations for all menu items as well as specials of the day and promotions for bar and wines.
- Understand all food and beverage items offered, including ingredients, methods of preparation and proper service. Also, an expert knowledge of beverages and wines
- Serve a dish to guests while explaining the contents and preparation.
- Ascertain a guest's satisfaction and handle any problem, which may arise informing a manager of the problem and how it was resolved.
- Maintain a high standard of hygiene and sanitation in the working area.
- Service all needs for private dining room or private function.
- Report any accident or guest complaint immediately, no matter how minor, to a manager.
- Ability to move tables and chairs, displays or side stations when needed
- Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by outlet management and staff
- Provide quick and attentive assistance to any mishap in the restaurant.
- Attend all the training subjects to the service staff and follows all rules and policies of the outlet
- Be flexible in assisting around different areas of the outlet in response to business and client needs
Who Must You Be?
- If you have previous experience, great! But it’s not a must-have for us; it’s how you contribute to the team that matters.
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience.
- You have a positive attitude and good communication skills.
- You have knowledge on fine dining table etiquette.
- Wine knowledge is a great advantage.
- You are committed to delivering a high level of customer service.
- You execute – you get things done.
- You’re a natural host and service at heart is what you do - you're imaginative when it comes to creating experiences.
- You have an excellent grooming standard.
- You are calm, efficient, and organized with great attention to detail.
- You have the ability to multi-task while maintaining a positive attitude when working with guests.
- You are able to carry yourself in a professional manner with an emphasis on hospitality and guest service.
- You are able work on your own and as part of a team.
- You have an exceptional communication skill with great command in English (verbal and writing).
Who Are We?
Ormond Group rethinks hospitality for the contemporary traveller. Our vision is to create experiences that positively influence the way people live, work and have fun together. Our hotels are a collection of individually designed hotels, meaningful spaces that welcome all – guests, locals and nomads. Our people are at the heart and soul of our brand. An Ormond experience is about service that matters. We make our guests feel at ease and at home. Every experience is thoughtfully designed to leave a lasting impression.
Ormond Group owns and operates three distinct brands – Ormond Hotels, MoMo’s and Tune. We are backed by serial entrepreneurs and investors who have built (from scratch) successful, disruptive ventures such as AirAsia. Our shareholders and team are in turn committed to building a great business whilst having a lot of fun.