What Will You Do?
We view ourselves as a scrappy start-up and as a member of the team, you will be expected to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. Broadly, responsibilities as part of this role include:
- Owning the Ormond Group and the organisation’s public-facing website(s), micro-site(s), landing pages, email templates, hotel booking engine and other digital collateral;
- Project managing required enhancements for the organisation’s website(s) and booking engine;
- Obsessing over user experience, functionality and efficiency of the organisation’s digital assets;
- Creating and maintaining well-functioning interfaces that meet business, user, guest and technological needs;
- Supporting and maintaining web hosting, DNS and 3rd party integrations to ensure websites are operating at optimum level;
- Curating and updating website content and review SEO best practices;
- Monitor and track website traffic and performance, produce customer data integrity reports regularly;
- To manage CRM database and send out eDM's;
- Collaborating with internal teams and external developers/agencies to execute design ideas and website improvements;
- Producing solutions and revisions to website(s) based on feedback from key stakeholders, learnings in testing and/or real-world use;
- Developing innovative and creative wireframes, user flows, prototypes and mock-ups to effectively communicate design directions; and
- Being an outstanding Ormond brand ambassador and communicating the Ormond Group values and spirit effectively to both internal and external stakeholders.
Who Must You Be?
To successfully fill this role, you will have the right attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- At least 3 years in a relevant role designing responsive websites and email templates using modern UI/ UX design and best practices. Prior experience in hospitality is a plus;
- Understanding the concepts of progressive enhancement, mobile first and future friendly design;
- Familiarity with browser and 3rd party platform testing and debugging;
- Strong knowledge of and experience with web marketing best practices, e.g. SEO and SEM
- A passion for hospitality and a design sensibility aligned with the Ormond Group brand and aspirations; hands on skills in graphic design to adapt creative content and collaterals for external and internal communication is a plus;
- A self-starter with a sense of urgency and the ability to work and troubleshoot pro-actively;
- A high standard of spoken and written English;
- Enthusiastic, confident and sociable; excellent communication and people skills;
- Intellectually curious and unafraid to challenge the status quo;
- Must be a doer and see ideas through from inception to reality; ability to organize, multi-task, project manage and deliver results under pressure;
- A desire to experiment (creatively and cost effectively!) and the ability to make quick adjustments to changing conditions.
Who Are We?
Ormond Group rethinks hospitality for the contemporary traveler. Our vision is to create experiences that positively influence the way people live, work and have fun together. Our hotels are a collection of individually designed hotels, meaningful spaces that welcome all – guests, locals and nomads. Our people are at the heart and soul of our brand. An Ormond experience is about service that matters. We make our guests feel at ease and at home. Every experience is thoughtfully designed to leave a lasting impression.
Ormond Group owns and operates three distinct brands – Ormond Hotels, MoMo’s and Tune. We are backed by serial entrepreneurs and investors who have built (from scratch) successful, disruptive ventures such as AirAsia. Our team is committed to building highly profitable businesses and winning awards whilst having a lot of fun. Learn more about us at www.ormondhotels.com
What’s In It For You?
An opportunity to join a close-knit, dynamic and ambitious group that prioritizes RESULTS. We take pride in performance-based financial rewards and believe in the right remuneration packages for the right people. The team is lean and nimble and applies an all hands-on deck attitude to get things done. There are opportunities for career change, accelerated career growth, training and development for the right candidates. High performers will also get the chance to interact and work closely with senior management to learn how to build successful businesses!