What Will You Do?
You’ll be responsible for ensuring smooth running of Front Office daily operations while leading the team to maintain high standard of service and create exceptional experiences to all guest.
We don’t go for long winded job descriptions – we all roll our sleeves up and get stuck in wherever needed – but here's an idea of how we see the role;
1. Leading Front Office Division & Spearheading Operational Task of the Property
· Champions the brand’s service vision for product and service delivery.
· Be assertive. Communicate clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
· Take charge to make and execute the necessary decisions to keep property moving forward toward achievement of goals.
· Keep everything in check. Monitor and promote room rates, specials, and promotions at the property.
· Say ‘NO!’ to trouble. Ensure full compliance to property operating controls. Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), policies, procedures and service standards.
2. Managing Profitability
· Use the left side of your brain to analyse service issues and identify trends.
· Be a team player and work with Rooms team to develop an operational strategy that is aligned with the brand’s business strategy and leads its execution.
· Be sure to review and audit expenses.
3. Managing Revenue Goals
· Keep everything in check. Monitor Rooms operations sales performance against budget.
· Be resourceful! Review reports and financial statements to determine Rooms operations performance against budget.
· Lend a helping hand and support operations team to effectively manage occupancy and rate, wages and controllable expenses.
· Use your analytic skills to compare budget wages to actual wages, coaching direct reports to address problem areas and holding team accountable for results.
4.Ensuring and Providing Exceptional Customer Service
· Demonstrates and communicates key drivers of guest satisfaction for the brand’s target customer.
· Show your team leadership by example. Deliver excellent customer service throughout the customer experience and encourage the same from other employees.
· Keep up to date. Review guest feedback with leadership team and ensures appropriate corrective action is taken through various platforms i.e. Trust U, Online Travel Agencies (OTAs), TripAdvisor surveys etc.
· Be resilient. Coordinate and communicate event details both verbally and in writing to the customer and property operations.
· Go above and beyond to create an atmosphere in all rooms’ areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
· Be responsive. Always respond to and handle guest problems and complaints.
· Be wise - use personal judgment and expertise to enhance the customer experience.
· Don’t be Waldo - be easy to spot! Stay available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements. Stay visible and interface with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
· Don’t stop speaking until someone tells you to shut it. Constantly interact with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
· Get the best of both worlds. Work to continually improve customer service by integrating obtained feedback and personal judgment into action plans.
· Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
· Ensures that employees understand expectations and parameters for Room duties.
· Think out of the box. Facilitate the development of creative solutions to overcome obstacles and ensure implementation to continually improve guest satisfaction results.
5.Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
· Put yourself in there - get involved in interviews and hires of employees.
· Keep everything safe and sound. Ensure employees are treated fairly and equitably.
· There isn’t enough noise? Ensure that regular, ongoing communication is happening in the Division (e.g. pre-shift briefings, staff meetings).
· Fosters employee commitment to providing excellent service, participates in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviours in all interactions with guests and employees.
· Remember that guests come first in everything we do. Incorporate guest satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results.
· Be realistic and set goals/expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for successful performance.
· Let them in! Solicit employee feedback, utilize an “open door policy” and review employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
· Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
· Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
· Champions change, ensures brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
· Identifies talents of direct reports and their teams, and assists with their growth and development plans.
Who Must You Be?
To successfully fill this role, you will have the right attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow;
- You have previous experience in a customer-focused industry with leading or senior supervisory role.
- A sudden earthquake would not scare you.
- You execute – you get things done.
- You are scarily organized.
- You only associate pressure with cookers.
- You are a people-centric leader. You can push and inspire individuals at the same time.
- You have a passion to serve.
- You are a huge people person – a natural host and promote a hospitable attitude.
- You are humble. There are no egos, and no drama.
- Marie Kondo is one of your inspirations and you can tell if something sparks joy or not.
- You take pride in how you look (of course, in accordance to societal standards!)
- You can spread your wings to fly on your own as well as flock with other members of the team.
- Your alter ego is Mr/Mrs Positive.
- You’re experienced with social media.
- You live and breathe Ormond values.
- Language is your strong suit (English and Malay).
- You’re an Opera wiz and can take a lead role in the installation process.
- You’re a great schedule maker – you’ll make sure we have the right team in place at the right time
- You possess a strong commercial sense with experience in increasing profitability in a fast-paced market sector.
- You are available to work when required including weekends, public holidays and at nights.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous senior supervisory role in a similar quality hotel.
- A degree or diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent.
- An in-depth knowledge of the hotel, leisure or service sector.
- Experience in managing budgets, revenue proposals and forecasting results in a similar sized property.