What Will You Do?
You will be responsible in preparing and delivering high quality food items in a busy restaurant and function kitchen. You will also be able to undertake a varied list of food preparation for the kitchen on a daily basis. The right attitude and skills will make a big difference to our overall food offering, helping us to continuously improve our reputation.
We don’t go for long winded job descriptions – we all roll our sleeves up and get stuck in wherever needed – but here's an idea of how we see the role;
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues.
- Prepare, cook and service all food items for a la carte and/or buffet menus according to recipes and standards.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment.
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions.
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards.
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage.
- Carry out any other duties as required by management.
Who Must You Be?
- High level of flexibility.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Good communication skills.
- Responsible for cleanliness, stock control, organization and preparation standards of the kitchen.
Who Are We?
Ormond Group rethinks hospitality for the contemporary traveller. Our vision is to create experiences that positively influence the way people live, work and have fun together. Our hotels are a collection of individually designed hotels, meaningful spaces that welcome all – guests, locals and nomads. Our people are at the heart and soul of our brand. An Ormond experience is about service that matters. We make our guests feel at ease and at home. Every experience is thoughtfully designed to leave a lasting impression.
Ormond Group owns and operates three distinct brands – Ormond Hotels, MoMo’s and Tune. We are backed by serial entrepreneurs and investors who have built (from scratch) successful, disruptive ventures such as AirAsia. Our shareholders and team are in turn committed to building a great business whilst having a lot of fun.