What Will You Do?
You are the first-person customers meet when they walk into a restaurant. Your role is to make sure that customers get the best services obtainable in the restaurant, and this begins from the moment they walk into the restaurant to when they leave.
We don’t go for long winded job descriptions – we all roll our sleeves up and get stuck in wherever needed – but here's an idea of how we see the role;
- Draw up client bookings for tables and ensure that tables are set before clients’ arrival.
- Manage the front desk by receiving incoming calls, greeting and attending to customers.
- Inform guests about the availability of tables and direct them to the tables.
- Keep records of guests who visit the restaurant.
- Assist customers with answers to queries, and proffer solutions to issues within your capacity.
- Collaborate with other restaurant staff and the management to ensure that customer complaints are properly attended to in a timely manner.
- Check restaurant’s emails and respond to them accordingly; draw the attention of management to certain mails when necessary
- Communicate with other staff on all important guest related matters, including but not limited to special requests, clients’ bookings, needs and complaints.
Who Must You Be?
To successfully fill this role, you will have the right attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- You have excellent phone etiquette (must be able to listen and speak clearly on telephone).
- You have excellent communication skills and strong administrator (must be able comfortably interact with individuals of all professional and socio-economic levels).
- You are committed to delivering a high level of customer service.
- You have the ability to multi-task while maintaining a positive attitude when working with Guest.
- You are able to carry yourself in a professional manner with an emphasis on hospitality and guest service.
- Basic computer knowledge, i.e.: Microsoft Office is required.
- You possess retentive memory to remember bookings and the ability to pay attention to details.
- Proficiency in other languages is an added advantage.
Who Are We?
Ormond Group rethinks hospitality for the contemporary traveller. Our vision is to create experiences that positively influence the way people live, work and have fun together. Our hotels are a collection of individually designed hotels, meaningful spaces that welcome all – guests, locals and nomads. Our people are at the heart and soul of our brand. An Ormond experience is about service that matters. We make our guests feel at ease and at home. Every experience is thoughtfully designed to leave a lasting impression.
Ormond Group owns and operates three distinct brands – Ormond Hotels, MoMo’s and Tune. We are backed by serial entrepreneurs and investors who have built (from scratch) successful, disruptive ventures such as AirAsia. Our shareholders and team are in turn committed to building a great business whilst having a lot of fun.