What Will You Do?
As Executive Chef, the post holder will lead the Group’s kitchen team and be responsible for the day-to-day culinary operations of the Group – which encompass; amongst others; award-winning boutique hotels such as the Chow Kit, stand-alone restaurants and bars and large-scale catering for staff and students at Epsom International School. The Executive Chef’s key roles and responsibilities include:
- Menu development and design of new food concepts and programmes across the Group – both at existing and new F&B outlets;
- Identifying partnerships and collaboration with exciting local and regional F&B operators to execute pop-ups and partnerships with the Group;
- Ensuring a firm grip of kitchen costs and ensuring efficient operations without compromising on the quality and integrity of the menu; and
- Working closely with the rest of the Group to ensure the best possible guest and team experience – including the recruitment and development of talent
What Are We Looking For?
The Ormond Group is a young and open-minded organization. We want to support young chefs who are looking to make a name for themselves but may not be able to raise the necessary capital to start their own restaurants. Founded by successful entrepreneurs such as Tony Fernandes, we have a track record in launching new businesses helmed by ex-colleagues who have proven themselves.
Whilst prior Head / Executive Chef experience is not a must but to successfully fill this role, you will have the right attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- At least 5 years of experience in the kitchen of a recognized local or international restaurant;
- Entrepreneurially minded with a passion for creativity and hospitality;
- Strong grasp of and ability to execute Malaysian cuisine (the Group is open to a variety of culinary backgrounds and expect to launch concepts around different cuisines but Malaysian cuisine is the basis of our flagship, award-winning restaurant The Chow Kit Kitchen);
- A team player who is able to communicate well and try new things.
Who Are We?
Ormond Group rethinks hospitality for the contemporary traveler. Our vision is to create experiences that positively influence the way people live, work and have fun together. Our hotels are a collection of individually designed hotels, meaningful spaces that welcome all – guests, locals and nomads. Our people are at the heart and soul of our brand. An Ormond experience is about service that matters. We make our guests feel at ease and at home. Every experience is thoughtfully designed to leave a lasting impression.
Ormond Group owns and operates three distinct brands – Ormond Hotels, MoMo’s and Tune. We are backed by serial entrepreneurs and investors who have built (from scratch) successful, disruptive ventures such as AirAsia. Our team is committed to building highly profitable businesses and winning awards whilst having a lot of fun. Learn more about us at www.ormondhotels.com
What's In It For You?
An opportunity to join a close-knit, dynamic and ambitious group that rewards results through competitive remuneration packages. The team is lean and nimble and applies an all hands-on deck attitude to get things done. There are opportunities for accelerated career growth, training and development for the right candidates. You will also get the chance to interact and work closely with senior management to learn how to build successful businesses!