What Will You Do?
Reporting to the Executive Housekeeper, you will be responsible for ensuring the rooms of the hotel are well presented and well maintained at all times. We don’t go in for strict job descriptions, we all like to get mucked in, however here’s an idea of how we see the role.
Room/Public Area Cleanliness
- We like it clean! Ensure the room/public area cleanliness quality is up to the Hotel standard.
- Ensure linen used is according to the Hotel standard and is in good condition.
- Ensure all facilities in room is functional and in good condition
- Liaise and follow up with Maintenance Division on defect works to be completed in each room within the given timeline
- Be assertive. Monitor and ensure the weekly/bi-weekly/monthly cleaning of the public area is done as scheduled.
- Make sure you like lists! Prepare a checklist for public area/room cleaning schedule and follow up accordingly
- Communication is the key. Liaise with Housekeeping Supervisor/Executive Housekeeper on available rooms/defect rooms status to ensure room inventory is sufficient for sale and occupancy on daily basis.
- Communication is the key. Liaise with external housekeeping staff/supervisor to re-clean the rooms if the cleanliness is not up to prescribed standard.
- Undertake any task or assignment as may be assigned to by immediate superior or Management from time-to-time.
Daily Operations Stock
- Be responsible. Record and submit daily stock movements to Housekeeping Supervisor/Executive Housekeeper i.e. toilet rolls, toiletries kit, garbage bag, towel bag, cleaning chemical, room inventory or any replacement needed to ensure all items in the room are in good condition.
- Submit stock order for daily operations to Housekeeping Supervisor/Executive Housekeeper.
- Keep everything in check! Log and monitor all housekeeping machineries and equipment movement – services/quantities and to ensure all in good condition.
- Lend a hand. Monitor and assist Housekeeping Supervisor/Executive Housekeeper on daily operations cost.
Housekeeping Tracking Report
- Keep others accountable. Ensure all external housekeeping staff follow the housekeeping cleaning procedure and all cleaning tracking is declared accurately on daily basis.
- Surprise checks are the best! Perform random checks on the cleaning equipment used by the housekeeping team and to ensure all are in good condition.
- Keep everything in check. Log and track movement of key cards, keys, equipment, and other items issued to external housekeeping staff.
Linen Count and Quality
- Follow the order, always! Ensure all linen transaction from the Linen room → Check-Out Room → Laundry → Linen Room is declared accurately on a daily basis
- A monthly stock gets together is inevitable (but fun). Audit the physical linen stock on month-end together with the Housekeeping Supervisor/Executive Housekeeper to ensure all documented reports are accurate before each handover.
Who Must You Be?
- High level of verbal and written communication skills in English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- You carry yourself well.
- You are a huge people person – a natural host and promote a hospitable attitude.
- You have a passion to serve.
- A sudden earthquake would not scare you.
- You only associate pressure with cookers.
- You have an unlimited amount of jokes to share and can make everyone you meet laugh.
- You get us. You know our hotels, maybe you’ve hung out in our bar and possibly regretted that last cocktail the next morning.
- Your glass is half full, always.
- You are someone we can count on to be reliable and honest.
Who Are We?
Ormond Group rethinks hospitality for the contemporary traveller. Our vision is to create experiences that positively influence the way people live, work and have fun together. Our hotels are a collection of individually designed hotels, meaningful spaces that welcome all – guests, locals and nomads. Our people are at the heart and soul of our brand. An Ormond experience is about service that matters. We make our guests feel at ease and at home. Every experience is thoughtfully designed to leave a lasting impression.
Ormond Group owns and operates three distinct brands – Ormond Hotels, MoMo’s and Tune. We are backed by serial entrepreneurs and investors who have built (from scratch) successful, disruptive ventures such as AirAsia. Our shareholders and team are in turn committed to building a great business whilst having a lot of fun.