What Will You Do?
You are a go-getting generalist, executing initiatives in, but not limited to, the Brand & Marketing department, to deliver revenue for the group and positive cultural currency. You are organised, driven and can work well with others. You have to have a strong interest in marketing, product ideation and brand building to drive tangible results (revenue). You must have good communication skills and attention to detail. You must have a good command of written and spoken English and feel comfortable writing creative and marketing copy. You will be asked to complete tasks across many disciplines, including design, project management, copywriting, content creation, event planning, media planning, influencer engagement, sales, PR, advertising and many more. You will have the opportunity to develop new skills during your time with us.
We view ourselves as a scrappy start-up and as a valued member of a small team, you will be expected to roll up your sleeves and work in various projects at different stages all at once. As part of the brand & marketing team for Ormond Group, you will also be expected to give contribute in all aspects of the wider group and its subsidiaries.
- Assist Marketing Manager on all required tasks and initiatives to drive revenue, business goals and growth;
- Lead initiatives (when required) to drive revenue, business goals and growth;
- Coordinate between internal teams and external agencies / consultants to ensure that content and messaging is accurate;
- Take meeting notes and ensure that they are shared with the team when required;
- Event planning and organisation;
- Put together research and PowerPoint presentations, when needed;
- Assist with internal reporting (weekly and monthly);
- Contribute new ideas on how the company can grow revenue and meet its business goals;
- Assist with any operational issues across all companies;
- Be an outstanding Ormond brand ambassador and communicate the Ormond Group values and spirit effectively to both internal and external stakeholders;
- Have a passion for creative industries – design, fashion, art or music;
- Ensuring all elements of guest experience and perception of Ormond Group hotels are reflected externally and internally including management of key guest communications, property programming, events and partnerships; and
- To assist with other marketing efforts that may be required under the group which includes, but is not limited to, Epsom College in Malaysia.
Who Must You Be?
- At least with 2 years experience in a relevant PR / marketing / sales role with demonstrable contributions in previous roles. We encourage fresh graduates to apply as well;
- Passionate about digital marketing and content;
- A self-starter with a sense of urgency and the ability to work pro-actively;
- A high standard of spoken and written English;
- Enthusiastic, confident and sociable; excellent communication and people skills;
- Intellectually curious and unafraid to challenge the status quo;
- Must be a doer and see ideas through from inception to reality; ability to organize, multi-task, project manage and deliver results under pressure;
- A desire to experiment (creatively and cost effectively!) and the ability to make quick adjustments to changing conditions;
- Possess awesome graphic design skills to produce creative content and collaterals for external and internal communication without heavy reliance on others;
- Familiarity with social media and digital marketing tools a plus.
- Familiarity with design (Photoshop & AI) is a plus.
Who Are We?
Ormond Group rethinks hospitality for the contemporary traveler. Our vision is to create experiences that positively influence the way people live, work and have fun together. Our hotels are a collection of individually designed hotels, meaningful spaces that welcome all – guests, locals and nomads. Our people are at the heart and soul of our brand. An Ormond experience is about service that matters. We make our guests feel at ease and at home. Every experience is thoughtfully designed to leave a lasting impression.
Ormond Group owns and operates three distinct brands – Ormond Hotels, MoMo’s and Tune. We are backed by serial entrepreneurs and investors who have built (from scratch) successful, disruptive ventures such as AirAsia. Our team is committed to building highly profitable businesses and winning awards whilst having a lot of fun. Learn more about us at www.ormondhotels.com
What's In It For You?
An opportunity to join a close-knit, dynamic and ambitious group that rewards results through competitive remuneration packages. The team is lean and nimble and applies an all hands-on deck attitude to get things done. There are opportunities for accelerated career growth, training and development for the right candidates. You will also get the chance to interact and work closely with senior management to learn how to build successful businesses!