What Will You Do?
We view ourselves as a scrappy start-up and as a vital member of the team, you will be expected to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. You hold responsibility of the project during the construction phase with support from the Sr. Project Manager and Head of Development. You are the key person in recommending design improvements, construction techniques, and schedules individual projects. You also monitor the development of the project, consultant teams, planning approvals, payment to contractors, changes, claims and inspection for conformance to design requirements. Broadly, responsibilities as part of this role include:
· Involved in initial project planning, scope development, appointing and managing project dedlivery consultants, design documentation review, costing support, scheduling, assessment of operational needs, establishing pre-construction processes, managing construction buyouts, supervising construction execution by third-party contractors, and project closeout.
· Prepare RFP (Request for Proposal) documents, for various types of services needed which arise over the course of the project; scope development, consultants, budget and timeline estimates, contractor qualification, and competitive bid solicitation.
· Work with the Project and Development team to identify and assess local qualified consultants and contractors to provide construction related services for architectural design, structure, mechanical and electrical, FF&E, systems and IT, landscaping and construction on the project to include past experience with similar projects, verification of references, financial stability, licensure, and bonding capacity. Provide bid analysis and selection recommendations.
· Monitor construction process and work in place to ensure quality, conformance with contract documents, construction drawings, note all deficiencies, and ensure compliance with technical and design brand standards.
· Establish and maintain an effective action-oriented communication network for the project’s approvals, urgent issues in the field, non-conforming work, and general issues.
· Work collaboratively with the project general contractor/external construction manager to maintain the critical path and project delivery schedule is achieved as determined by the construction contract and proforma timeline.
· Prepare monthly project status reports, to include current schedules, variance to budget, potential cost overruns or scope changes. Proactively communicate potential areas that may impact schedule and/or budget and identify means to mitigate impact.
· Review third part inspection reports and manage inspection agencies.
· Maintain all required project data and records; log and track all design changes and modifications, construction changes, contract modifications and potential claims.
· Review and approve where applicable all RFIs, submittals, change requests, draw requests and invoices.
· Coordinate project closeout with all project consultants, contractors, city building officials and lenders to ensure the closing of outstanding owner held permits, completion of all punch list items, and start up documentation.
· Coordinate and manage building turnover process and perform project acceptance walk-through to ensure compliance with project goals and scope.
· Liaise internally with the with Hotel Operations team to promote minimal disruption to hotel operations and guests on any remaining items post occupancy.
· Other task/responsibilities as and when deemed necessary by the Management.
Who Must You Be?
To successfully fill this role, you will have the right attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in a relevant field of study (architecture, engineering, construction management).
- You are equipped with a minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in project/construction management or engineering consultancy, preferably with exposure in medium to large scale hotel projects e.g. hotel constructions or restaurants and interior design and FF&E procurement.
- You are highly organized with an ability to juggle multiple projects effectively with a positive attitude.
- You are armed with mechanical aptitude and analytic skills. You have excellent theoretical and practical knowledge of design, and construction engineering concepts and building codes.
- Ability to establish timelines and budgets with proven track record of bringing construction projects in on time and within budget
- You have strong track record managing general contractors/subcontractors.
- You are capable in managing conflict resolutions effectively and able to handle all disputes in a swift and efficient manner.
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Projects, flow charts, purchasing, inventory control, punch lists, and the list goes.
- Proficiency in Sketch-up, AutoCAD or other 3D visualization software experience is advantageous.
- Willing to travel as needed.
What’s In It For You?
An opportunity to join a close-knit, dynamic and ambitious group that rewards results through competitive remuneration packages. The team is lean and nimble and applies an all hands-on deck attitude to get things done. There are opportunities for accelerated career growth, training and development for the right candidates. You will also get the chance to interact and work closely with senior management to learn how to build successful businesses!