What Will You Do?
You prepare beverages for patrons and serving them at the bar or through the wait staff while maintaining a clean and organized work environment.
We don’t go for long winded job descriptions – we all roll our sleeves up and get stuck in wherever needed – but here's an idea of how we see the role;
- Mixing beverages using an extensive range of ingredients including liquor, bitters, soda, water, sugar, and fruits.
- Taking beverage orders from customers or wait staff and serving drinks as requested, paying extreme attention to detail.
- Satisfying patron requests in a timely manner.
- Assessing customer preferences and making drink recommendations.
- Providing a positive and friendly guest experience by interacting with patrons.
- Collecting money for drinks served and providing change as needed.
- Checking identification to verify legal age requirements for all customers.
- Balancing cash receipts.
- Keeping a well-stocked bar with an adequate supply of liquor, beer, wine, mixers, ice, napkins, straws, glassware, and other accessories.
- Cleaning the bar, tables, chairs, and work area to maintain a sanitary and pleasant environment.
- Organizing the bar area to streamline drink preparation and inventory.
- Placing orders for liquor, beer, wine, and other supplies.
- Slicing, pitting, and preparing fruit and other garnishes for drinks.
- Planning bar menus.
- Creating unique drinks.
- Preparing and serving appetizers, snacks, or other food items for customers at the bar.
- Complying with all food and beverage regulations.
- Limiting customer problems by restricting alcohol intake and attempting to curtail inappropriate behaviour.
Who Must You Be?
- Prior training or experience in bartending with extensive knowledge of drink mixing and garnishing.
- Language is your strong suits. Proficiency in other languages is a plus.
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience.
- Passion for hospitality – whether that’s a drink, a meal, an event or a bed for the night
Who Are We?
Ormond Group rethinks hospitality for the contemporary traveller. Our vision is to create experiences that positively influence the way people live, work and have fun together. Our hotels are a collection of individually designed hotels, meaningful spaces that welcome all – guests, locals and nomads. Our people are at the heart and soul of our brand. An Ormond experience is about service that matters. We make our guests feel at ease and at home. Every experience is thoughtfully designed to leave a lasting impression.
Ormond Group owns and operates three distinct brands – Ormond Hotels, MoMo’s and Tune. We are backed by serial entrepreneurs and investors who have built (from scratch) successful, disruptive ventures such as AirAsia. Our shareholders and team are in turn committed to building a great business whilst having a lot of fun.