What Will You Do?
We view ourselves as a scrappy start-up and as a key member of the leadership team, you will be expected to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in and be responsible for the effective management and performance of all operational and strategic People and Culture related activities. This includes talent management, succession planning, learning and development and training, performance management, compensation and benefits, employee relations, and health and safety initiatives. Broadly, responsibilities as part of this role include:
- Positioning the People & Culture department as a vibrant, strategic partner to the other business units and is responsible for ensuring top-notch talent recruitment and retention;
- Own recruitment efforts; establish partnerships and channels for effective talent acquisition;
- Whilst retaining responsibility for no-nonsense compliance with applicable company policies, best practices and legal / regulatory framework, the core focus of this role is conceptualizing and executing initiatives that will help meet the Ormond Group’s talent requirements and business objectives;
- Being an outstanding Ormond brand ambassador and communicating the Ormond Group values and spirit effectively to both internal and external stakeholders;
- Ensuring quality and effectiveness of training. Regular review and improvement of curriculum, materials and delivery in tandem with subject matter experts;
- Manage and resolve, promptly and completely, all operational human resources matters
- Maintain an awareness of people and culture initiatives others undertake as well as best practices
- Promoting and fostering employee experience, engagement, development and career progression to promote talent retention; and
- Motivating colleagues to be the best they can be.
Who Must You Be?
To successfully fill this role, you will have the right attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- At least 5 to 7 years in a People and Culture role with demonstrable success and results. Prior experience leading a team is a plus;
- Tertiary qualification, however not necessarily in Human Resources
- A passion for hospitality and desire to market the Ormond Group story and opportunity to existing and potential colleagues;
- An overwhelmingly positive attitude;
- A high standard of spoken and written English;
- Enthusiastic, confident and sociable; excellent communication and people skills;
- Must be a doer and see ideas through from inception to reality; ability to multi-task and deliver results under pressure;
- Active social media presence.
Who Are We?
Ormond Group rethinks hospitality for the contemporary traveler. Our vision is to create experiences that positively influence the way people live, work and have fun together. Our hotels are a collection of individually designed hotels, meaningful spaces that welcome all – guests, locals and nomads. Our people are at the heart and soul of our brand. An Ormond experience is about service that matters. We make our guests feel at ease and at home. Every experience is thoughtfully designed to leave a lasting impression.
Ormond Group owns and operates three distinct brands – Ormond Hotels, MoMo’s and Tune. We are backed by serial entrepreneurs and investors who have built (from scratch) successful, disruptive ventures such as AirAsia. Our shareholders and team are in turn committed to building a great business whilst having a lot of fun. Learn more about us at www.ormondhotels.com
What’s In It For You?
An opportunity to join a close-knit, dynamic and ambitious group that prioritizes RESULTS. We take pride in performance-based financial rewards and believe in the right remuneration packages for the right people. The team is lean and nimble and applies an all hands-on deck attitude to get things done. There are opportunities for career change, accelerated career growth, training and development for the right candidates. High performers will also get the chance to interact and work closely with senior management to learn how to build successful businesses!